How To Hide Your Profile Picture On WhatsApp
Last Updated: June 23, 2022
Do you want to prevent other users on WhatsApp from seeing your profile picture? Do you only want to display the photo to your contacts or a selected few? In any case, you can change the profile privacy settings on your account. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll cover the steps to do so.
In WhatsApp, users can upload a photo to display on their profile. With the help of this feature, their contacts and other people on the app can recognize them much more easily.
However, we understand that some users value the privacy of their profiles. Some people prefer to only show their profile photos to their friends and contacts on the app.
Thankfully, you can change the settings on your account. You can hide your profile picture from other users and opt to show it only to your contacts.
Here’s our guide about hiding your picture on WhatsApp.
How to hide your profile photo from non-contacts on WhatsApp
If you don’t want other people on WhatsApp besides your contacts to see your profile photo, you can change your privacy settings on the app. You can even hide your profile photo from everyone else on the app.
You can change your profile photo privacy settings whether you’re using WhatsApp on your phone or computer. Check our tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do it from both devices.
On your phone:
- Launch WhatsApp from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap the three dots icon on the upper right corner of the chats list and select “Settings” from the menu.
- Open your Account Settings.
- Head to your Privacy options.
- Select “Profile photo” to its privacy settings.
- Choose who can see your photo and tap Done at the bottom to apply the changes.
That’s how you change your profile photo preferences on the WhatsApp mobile app. With the help of this option, you can choose who can see your picture on the app.
On your computer:
- Launch the WhatsApp web or desktop app and link your account.
- Click More options (three dots icon) above the chats list and select “Settings” from the menu.
- Head to your Privacy Settings and select the “Profile photo” option.
- Choose who can see your profile photo on the app.
You can opt to prevent everyone from seeing the photo on your account. You can also choose to allow only a few contacts to do so.
To wrap it all up
That’s how you change your profile photo privacy options on WhatsApp. With this feature, you can choose who can see the picture on your account.
That’s everything we have on us! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently and read our latest posts and updates.