How To Hide The Chat In Roblox
Last Updated: March 1, 2021
Do you want to hide the chat inside your games in Roblox so that you can focus on playing? Or are you not in the mood to socialize with other people in-game? Either way, we’re here to help you. We’ll teach you how to disable the chat in the Roblox app and with any of its games. Whether you’re using a computer or mobile device, we got you covered.
Although the chat feature on Roblox games makes it easier for people to socialize, it can sometimes distract the player from playing the game. Also, some people like to play games on their own, without wanting to chat with other users.
In any case, you can disable the chat when you’re in-game and while using the app. By doing so, you get to hide the chat messages from other players. However, you won’t be able to see any chat as well.
If you’re ready to deactivate the chat feature in Roblox, follow our tutorial below. We’ll teach you how to change your Privacy Settings, whether you’re on your computer or mobile device.
How to disable the chat in Roblox
If you don’t want other users bothering you while you’re using Roblox, you can choose to change your Privacy Settings. Players have the option to limit who can send them messages, whether they’re using the app or while they’re inside a game.
Please remember that disabling the chat in-game prevents you from sending messages as well. In this way, you can focus more on playing the game on your device.
Here’s a quick tutorial on how how to change your Chat Settings from your computer or mobile device.
On your computer:
- Using your preferred web browser, visit Roblox and sign-in to your account.
- At the upper right corner of the home page, click the gear icon and select Settings.
- Head to the Privacy tab.
- Under the Contact Settings section, you can change your Chat Settings. You can prevent anyone from messaging and chatting with you in-game or while you’re using the app.
After updating your Chat Settings, you can also change which people can invite you to servers and view your Inventory on the Privacy tab. You can find these options in the Other Settings section near the bottom of the page.
On mobile devices:
As for those on their phones, you can use the Roblox mobile app instead of your browser to change your Privacy Settings. Follow these steps below
- Launch the Roblox mobile app and sign-in to your account.
- At the bottom right side of your screen, tap More (ellipsis) and open Settings.
- On the list of available Settings, select the Privacy option.
- Under the Contact Settings section, you can choose to turn off all your chat messages on Roblox or configure each option one by one.
After changing each of your Chat Settings, Roblox automatically saves the changes to your account.
To wrap it all up
If you want to prevent other people from messaging you in-game or when you’re using the Roblox app, you can disable the chat feature on your Privacy Settings. When you do, you won’t be able to send messages as well.
That’s all we have on our guide about hiding the chat in Roblox. For the latest tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit us regularly for our daily posts and updates.