How To Hide Likes On Your Posts On Instagram
Last Updated: March 15, 2022
Do you want to browse Instagram without seeing the number of likes or views on people’s posts? Do you want to focus more on the content instead of the post’s popularity? In any case, you can hide the total views and likes when you check posts on Instagram. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how.
By default, Instagram shows how many people liked or views a post. With the help of this feature, you can know whether the video or post has gone viral on the app.
However, we understand that some people of you don’t care about the popularity of the post. You might want to browse the app while focusing on the content instead of the post’s views or likes.
Thankfully, Instagram allows its users to hide views and likes from posts they see on their feed. Here’s our guide about hiding them from your account.
How to hide likes from your posts on Instagram
If you want to focus more on the content rather than the popularity of your other user’s posts on Instagram, you can hide the likes and view counts on your account. When you check someone’s post on the app, you won’t see the total number of likes and views on the photo or video.
You can hide your likes and view counts on Instagram whether you’re on your phone or computer. Check our tutorials below, and we’ll show you how.
On your phone:
- Open Instagram from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap your icon at the bottom of the app to access your profile page, and tap the hamburger icon at the top right corner of your profile.
- On the menu that appears on your screen, select “Settings.”
- Head to your Privacy settings.
- Toggle the slider beside the “Hide Like and View Counts” option.
That’s how you hide the likes and views on Instagram. When you check someone’s post, you won’t see the total number of people that likes the photo or viewed the video.
On the Instagram web app:
- After signing in to your account, click your profile icon on the upper right side of the screen and select “Settings” from the menu.
- Head to the “Privacy and Security” tab.
- Scroll down to the Posts section and toggle the slider beside the “Hide Like and View Counts” option.
If you don’t want other users to view the likes and views on your own posts, you can hide them by opening the post’s advanced settings. In this way, the viewers can’t see how many people interacted with your photo or video.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to hide likes and views from posts on Instagram, you can browse content on the app without checking the photo or video’s popularity. In this way, you won’t have any distractions while scrolling through your feed.
That’s it! For more tips, tricks, and tutorials from us, visit our page frequently and read our latest posts and updates.