How To Hide Channels On Discord
Last Updated: February 28, 2023
Do some of your servers on Discord have a lot of channels? Do you want to hide some of the things on the channels list so that you can focus on important conversations? If that’s the case, you can manage the displayed channels on the server. Follow our guide below, and we’ll show you how to do so.
Servers on Discord can consist of multiple channels for separate discussions within the server. Having different channels makes it easier for the members to find the content or information they need.
However, seeing different channels that you don’t need on a server makes it harder for you to focus on the chats you need. Thankfully, you have the option to filter the channels on a server and hide the ones you don’t view often.
Read on, and we’ll show you how to hide and display channels on a Discord server.
How to display selected channels on a Discord server
If you want to focus on certain channels on a Discord server, you can hide the other channels you don’t need. In this way, you won’t have any trouble finding the conversations that matter to you.
You can hide or show server channels whether you’re using Discord on your phone or computer. We’ll show you the steps for both devices in our tutorials below.
On your computer:
- Launch the Discord desktop app or open the web client and sign in to your account.
- Open one of the servers on your account and click “Browse Channels” from the sidebar.
- Check the channels list and uncheck the ones that you want to hide.
Hidden channels with mentions will appear in the Suggested section on the sidebar. If you ever change your mind, you can manage the displayed channels from the Browse channels section.
On your phone:
- Open the Discord mobile app and sign in to your account.
- Tap the three lines on the top left corner to open the server menu.
- Go to one of the servers on your account and tap “Browse channels.” On some channels, you need to select “Channels & Roles” and head to the “Browse channels” tab.
- Uncheck the channels that you want to hide from the sidebar and check the ones you want to display for quick access.
That’s how you hide certain channels on one of your servers on Discord. You can access hidden channels by selecting the “Browse Channels” option on the sidebar.
Please note that hiding channels from the list only affects your end of the app. Other users won’t see how you view the channels within a server.
To wrap things up
By hiding certain channels on a Discord server, you can focus more on conversations that matter to you. As such, you can filter out unwanted discussions and information from your servers while organizing them.
That’s everything! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our daily posts and updates.