How To Hide A Conversation In Zoom
Last Updated: December 18, 2022
Do you want to clean up your team chats on Zoom? Do you want to remove some of the conversations on the list without deleting their contents? You can use the hide option on chats you don’t need in the meantime to do so. Follow our quick guide, and we’ll cover all the steps you need.
When you start different chats on Zoom, they’ll stay on the Team Chats tab. As such, you can easily access conversations that you need to view or where you want to reply.
However, having a lot of unused chats on Zoom can distract you from conversations that you need at the moment. You might spend more time navigating the chats list to find the conversation that needs your attention.
Thankfully, you have the option to hide conversations from your Team Chats tab on the app. With the help of this feature, you can remove chats from the list without deleting their contents.
Here’s a quick guide to hiding chats on Zoom.
How to hide a chat or channel in Zoom
If you have a conversation on your Zoom team chats that you no longer use, you can hide it in the meantime. In this way, you can remove it from the chat list without deleting the chat contents.
You can hide conversations whether you’re using the Zoom app on your phone or desktop. Check our tutorials below, and we’ll show you the steps to do so from both.
On your phone:
- Open the Zoom app on your device and sign in to your account.
- Tap “Team Chat” at the bottom.
- Tap and hold one of the chats or channels on the list.
- Once the menu appears, select the “Hide conversation” or “Hide channel message” option.
Hiding a chat or channel from the Team chat tab doesn’t delete the conversation content. You can add a chat back to the list by finding it through the Search feature and opening it from the results.
On your computer:
- Open the Zoom desktop app and sign in to your account.
- Open the Team Chat tab.
- Hover your mouse pointer to one of the conversations or channels on the chats list and click More options (three-dots icon). Alternatively, you can right-click on one of the chats on the list.
- On the menu that appears, select the “Hide this channel” or “Hide this chat” option.
Hiding a conversation doesn’t notify the other person about your decision. However, the chat will pop up back to your chats list once you receive a new message.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to hide chats on Zoom, you can now hide the conversations that you don’t need on the app at the moment. If you ever change your mind, use the search bar to find and open the chat to make it appear on the Team Chats tab.
That’s everything we have on us! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our daily posts and updates.