How To Hide A Chat In GroupMe
Last Updated: August 15, 2022
Do you want to organize your chats list in GroupMe and remove the conversations that you no longer use on the app? Or do you want to archive some of your chats temporarily? In any case, you can hide chats on the app whenever you want.
In GroupMe, you can create groups or start conversations with other people on the app. You can find all your chats from the Chat tab when you open the app.
Unlike other messaging services, GroupMe doesn’t allow users to delete their conversations. However, you can archive or hide your chats from plain view to organize and remove the ones you no longer need on the app.
Here’s our guide about hiding conversations on your GroupMe account.
How to archive your chats in GroupMe
If you don’t want a conversation to appear in your chats in GroupMe, you can hide or archive it from the list. Since you can’t delete conversations on the app, it’s the only thing you can do to remove unwanted chats from your view.
You can hide conversations on GroupMe using their mobile or desktop app. Follow our tutorials below, and we’ll cover the steps to do it from both.
On your phone:
- Launch the GroupMe app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Open the group or chat that you want to manage and tap its icon on the conversation header.
- Select “Settings” from the sidebar that appears on your screen.
- Tap the Hide chat option under the Group Actions section.
- Tap Hide on the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
That’s how you hide chats on your account from the GroupMe app on Android. You can find all your hidden conversations in the archive section of the app.
On your computer:
- Launch the GroupMe Windows app and sign in to your account.
- Open the chat that you want to manage and select “Settings” on the right side of the conversation.
- Scroll down to the General section and click the “Hide chat” button.
Once you hide a conversation on GroupMe, it will disappear from your chat list. To view your hidden chats, visit the archives section on the app.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to archive chats on GroupMe, you can now hide the conversations that you no longer need on the app. With the help of this feature, you can now remove inactive conversations from your view so that you can focus on important chats or groups on the app.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit us frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.