How To Generate Passwords In LastPass
Last Updated: April 8, 2023
Do you keep reusing sign-in credentials for your online accounts? Do you want to have a strong and unique password for your accounts? If that’s a yes, you can generate secure passwords from the LastPass app. Follow our quick guide, and we’ll teach you how to use the feature on the app.
Although reusing a password makes it easy for you to access your accounts online, it increases the risk of a security breach. Once a hacker got ahold of your password, they can easily access and use all your accounts.
Having a strong and unique password for your accounts decreases the likelihood of multiple account breaches. With that in mind, using a password manager like LastPass can help you store these unique passwords so you don’t have to remember them all.
Aside from managing your sign-in credentials, LastPass can also generate unique passwords for you. In this way, there’s no need to think hard when creating a new password for your account.
Here’s our guide about generating passwords on LastPass.
How to generate a secure password using LastPass
If you want to have unique passwords for your online accounts, you can generate a secure password on LastPass. After generating a password, you can save it on the app directly so that you can easily sign in to your online accounts.
You can generate passwords whether you’re using LastPass on your phone or computer. We’ll cover the steps for both devices in our tutorials below.
On your computer:
- Visit the LastPass website and sign in to your account.
- Click Advanced Options on the sidebar.
- Click the “Generate secure password” in the Improve Your Security section.
- Click the Copy Password button to get the generated password. You can adjust the password length and included characters and click the refresh icon to generate a new password.
Alternatively, you can generate a password using the LastPass browser extension. Here’s a quick tutorial to help you do so.
- Click the LastPass browser extension on your current browser.
- Click Generator.
- Click the Copy icon to get your generated password. You can adjust your password preferences and click the refresh icon to generate a new password.
You can generate as many passwords for your online accounts as you want. You can choose to add or exclude symbols and numbers when generating a password.
On your phone:
- Launch the LastPass mobile app and sign in to your account.
- Tap the hamburger icon on the top left and select “Security” from the menu.
- Tap the “Generate a password” option.
- Copy the generated password and use them on your online accounts. You can adjust your password preferences and select the refresh icon to create a new password.
You can also save the generated password on LastPass by tapping the USE option on the bottom right of the window.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to generate passwords on LastPass, you no longer have to reuse the same password for your accounts. You can create unique and strong passwords on the app for added online security.
That’s everything! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our daily posts and updates.