How To Forward A Message On Signal
Last Updated: December 16, 2021
Did someone send you a message that you wish to share with your friends on Signal? Or do you want to copy and paste messages across different conversations much faster? In any case, you can use the forward feature on the app. In our quick guide below, we’ll show you how to do so.
In Signal, you can copy and paste messages across your conversations on the app. Alternatively, you can use the forward feature to do this step much faster.
With the help of the forward option on Signal, you can share messages you receive from a conversation with your contacts and other chats on the app. As such, there’s no need for you to fill your storage with screenshots of conversations if you only wish to copy and send specific messages.
Here’s our guide about forwarding messages on Signal.
How to forward messages on Signal
If you want to share messages and files you receive from one conversation to another, you can forward them to another chat. In this way, you can directly share information without having the need to use the screenshot option on your device.
You can forward messages whether you’re using Signal on your phone or computer. Follow our step-by-step tutorials below to learn how.
On your Android device:
- Open the Signal app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Head to one of your group or private conversations on the chats list.
- Tap and hold on to the message or media that you want to forward to another conversation.
- Choose up to five contacts or groups where you want to share the message.
- Tap the paper plane icon on the bottom right to forward the message.
That’s how you forward messages on the Signal mobile app. You can use this feature to copy and paste messages across different conversations much faster.
You can select multiple messages within a conversation to forward them at the same time. However, you can only forward to five chats during the process.
On your desktop:
- Open the Signal app on your computer and link your device.
- Head to the conversation where you want to copy a message.
- Hover to one of the messages on the chat and click the three dots icon on the options that appear beside it.
- Once the menu appears, click “Forward message.”
- Select the conversations where you want to share the message and click the arrow icon on the bottom right to continue.
- Make some optional changes to the message and click the paper plane icon on the bottom right to send it.
Like on the Signal mobile app, you can only forward a message to five conversations at a time. However, you can always repeat the steps to share them with more of your chats.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to forward messages on Signal, you can copy and paste messages much faster across different conversations on the app. For those using the Signal app for Android, please note that this feature only works on your Signal messages and not on your SMS ones.
That’s it! For more tutorials from us, visit our site regularly, and browse our latest posts and updates.