How To Follow A Channel On Discord
Last Updated: September 17, 2021
Do you want to receive updates from another Discord server to one of your own? If that’s the case, you can follow announcement channels from different servers on the app. When you do, you’ll receive posts directly to one of your channels. With that in mind, here’s our quick guide about following channels on Discord.
Some servers in Discord have announcement channels, where they usually post updates about their project, game, or other stuff. Members can opt to follow this type of channel, allowing them to receive updates directly to their server.
You can follow multiple announcement channels and post them on one server. With that in mind, here’s our guide about following announcement channels on Discord.
How to follow an announcement channel on Discord
If you want to receive announcements from another server on Discord to one of your own, you can follow their announcement channel. In this way, you get new messages from that channel into your server as soon as someone posts them.
You can follow an announcement channel on Discord, whether you’re on your phone or computer. With that in mind, here are our step-by-step tutorials that cover both devices.
On your computer:
- Open Discord (web or desktop app) and sign in to your account.
- Go to the server where you want to receive new messages and select an announcement channel.
- Click the Follow button at the bottom of the conversation window.
- Choose the server where you want to receive the updates and select one of your text channels within it.
- Once you finish choosing a server and channel, click the Follow button. to confirm your decision.
After following the channel, you’ll receive updates when someone posts an announcement to it. Although the links and the messages on the post are the same when you receive the message, the bots remove all the mentions on the post.
Announcement channels have a megaphone icon beside their name. As such, you can check which ones you can follow even without opening the channel.
On your phone:
- Open Discord and sign in to your account.
- Go to a server and open one of its announcement channels.
- Tap the Follow button at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose the server and channel where you want to post the updates.
- Tap Follow to confirm your decision.
Please note that server admins can choose which posts get sent to people that follow their announcement channel. If you notice that you’re not receiving all the updates, it might be due to the admin choosing not the publish the post.
If you ever change your mind, navigate to Server Settings > Integrations > Channels Followed. From that section, you can delete the bot that sends you updates from another server.
Get updates from your favorite Discord servers to one of your channels
Now that you know how to follow announcement channels on Discord, you can now get the latest posts from your favorite channels. With the help of this feature, you can share updates to your friends that are not even a member of the server.
That’s all we have on our guide! For more tips and tutorials, visit our site frequently, and check our daily posts and updates.