How To Filter New Group Participants On WhatsApp
Last Updated: April 2, 2023
Do you want to moderate the people that try to join your WhatsApp group? Do you want your admins to review a potential member before approving them to participate in the chat? If that’s the case, you can enable the join group requests on your group chat. Check our guide below, and we’ll cover the steps to do so.
By default people that have a QR code or invitation link to your group can join it whenever they want. This feature makes it harder for admins to filter the people joining the chat.
Thankfully, WhatsApp added a join group request option on group chats. Admins can enable the feature to moderate users trying to join the conversation.
When someone tries to join a group with the join group request enabled, they’ll need the approval of an admin before they can proceed.
Here’s our guide about enabling the join group requests on WhatsApp.
How to enable the join group requests on WhatsApp
If you want to filter new group participants for your WhatsApp group, you can enable the “Approve new participants” option in your group settings. In this way, you can check the potential new members before approving them to join your chat.
You can enable the approval option on groups whether you’re using the WhatsApp web, desktop, or mobile app. Here’s a quick tutorial to help you find the feature from your phone or computer.
On your phone:
- Open the WhatsApp mobile app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Open one of the group chats you manage and tap More options (three dots icon) on the upper right.
- On the menu that appears, select “Group info.”
- Select “Group Settings.”
- Tap the “Approve new participants” option.
- Turn on the feature and tap OK to apply the changes.
The next time someone wants to join your group, they need the approval of an admin to enter the chat. Unless an admin gives approval, they won’t be able to view the chat contents or send a message in the conversation.
On your computer:
- Open the WhatsApp web or desktop app and sign in to your account.
- Go to one of the group chats you manage and tap the group’s name on the conversation header.
- Click Group settings from the Group info tab.
- Select the “Approve new participants” option.
- Select “On” on the pop-up window and click the Confirm button to apply the changes.
Whether someone uses an invitation link or QR code, they’ll need an admins approval before they can join and participate in the group. Admins can open other user’s profile to check if they their accounts.
To wrap things up
That’s how you enable the join group requests on your WhatsApp groups. With the help of this feature, your group admins will have a better time moderating people that tries to join your group conversation.
That’s everything! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our daily posts and updates.