How To Export In Notion
Last Updated: July 10, 2021
Do you want to save a copy of your workspace locally on your computer? How about one of your important pages on the app? Either way, we’re here to help you. In our guide below, we’ll show you how to export in Notion.
Notion keeps all data in your workspaces on a cloud service and backups your pages to their servers every minute for safety. As such, there’s no need to worry about losing your content and workspaces on the app.
However, Notion also gives you control over your data, and they made it easy for you to backup them on your own. You can export your workspaces and pages on the app and save them locally on your device.
With that in mind, here’s a quick guide on how to use the Export feature in the Notion desktop and web app.
How to export your workspace in Notion
If you want a copy of all your data in Notion for safekeeping and future reference, you can choose to export your workspaces on the app. In this way, you can have a copy of all your pages, databases, files, and images on your device.
You can export your workspaces on the Notion desktop or web app. Since the two have similar or the same interface, all you need to do is follow our quick tutorial below to learn how to do it from both.
- Launch the Notion desktop app or visit their web browser client and sign in to your account.
- On the sidebar located at the left side of your screen, click “Settings & Members.”
- Under the workspace section, click Settings.
- Scroll down and select “Export all workspace content.”
- Select the file format you want to use from Markdown & CSV, HTML, or PDF (Enterprise accounts only). Also, choose whether to include the files and images or not.
- Once you’re ready to go, click Export.
Depending on the amount of data you have on your workspace, exporting the files may take some time. Once Notion finishes this process, the download starts automatically.
You can also check your inbox for an email from Notion, which contains the download link of your exported files. However, please note that the link expires after seven days automatically.
Please note that you can’t export your data on the mobile app. The feature is only available on the desktop and web versions of Notion.
How to export pages in Notion
Unfortunately, there are some users experiencing problems when exporting large workspaces. As a workaround, you can try exporting in small batches instead of saving everything in one go.
You can export individual pages in the Notion desktop and web app. Follow our step-by-step tutorial below to learn how.
- Launch the Notion desktop app or visit their web client and sign in to your account.
- Open one of your pages through the sidebar on the left side of your screen.
- Tap the three horizontal dots on the upper-right corner of the page.
- Click Export on the menu.
- Select the export file type and choose whether to include all the contents and subpages.
- Once you finish choosing the export options, click the blue Export button.
Once Notion finishes preparing the files, the download starts on your device automatically.
Hopefully, Notion fixes the problem regarding exporting large workspaces soon. When that happens, we’ll keep you updated.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to export in Notion, you can now save a copy of your pages and workspaces on the app locally. In this way, you can still check your data even if an unlikely problem occurs with the app’s servers and cloud service.
That’s everything we have on our guide! If you want to read more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit us regularly and check our latest posts or updates.