How To Enable Two-step Verification On GroupMe
Last Updated: August 23, 2022
Do you want to improve the security of your GroupMe account? Do you want another layer of protection before people can access your account? In any case, you can enable the two-step verification feature on your account. Follow our step-by-step guide below, and we’ll teach you how to do it from your computer or mobile device.
When you create an account on GroupMe, you’ll need to add a password to protect your account. Although the password feature is quite enough to protect your account from unauthorized users, some people feel the need to add another layer of security to their accounts.
Thankfully, GroupMe has a two-step verification feature that you can enable on your account. When you enable this feature, you can still protect your account in the event that someone gets a hold of your password.
Here’s our guide about enabling two-step verification on your account on GroupMe.
How to use two-step verification on GroupMe
If you want to add another layer of protection to your GroupMe account, you can enable the two-step verification option on the app. With the help of this feature, people will need your phone number along with your password to access your account.
You can enable the two-step verification feature whether you’re using GroupMe on your phone or computer. Check our quick tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do so.
On your phone:
- Launch GroupMe from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap the profile icon on the bottom right corner of the app.
- Select the Edit Profile button under your account details.
- Toggle the two-step verification option and select “Enable” on the pop-up window.
- Tap the “Send me a PIN” option at the bottom of your screen.
- Enter the PIN you received through SMS and tap the Verify button.
- Save the backup code by copying it or sending one to your email, and tap the check mark on the top right corner to confirm your decision.
That’s how you enable two-step verification from the GroupMe Android app. The next time you try to sign in to the app, you’ll need your password alongside the code sent through SMS to access your account.
On your computer:
- Launch the GroupMe Windows app and sign in to your account.
- Click your profile icon on the sidebar located at the left of the app.
- Toggle the two-step verification option and select “Enable” from the pop-up window.
- Click the “Send me a PIN” button to get the verification code through SMS.
- Enter the verification PIN and click Verify to continue.
- Save the backup code in a safe place and click OK on the pop-up window.
If you ever change your mind, you can always turn off the two-step verification feature on your app whenever you want. Always remember that you can update your phone number before enabling 2FA on your account so that you can get the verification codes on your new number.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to enable two-step verification on GroupMe, you can now rest easy knowing that you have another layer of protection to secure your account. Make sure to save the backup codes in case you lose your phone or SIM card in the future.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.