How To Enable Two-factor Verification On Asana
Last Updated: January 18, 2022
Are you worried about the security of your data and information on Asana? Do you want to add another layer of protection to your account? If so, you can enable the 2FA feature on the app. Follow our guide below, and we’ll show you how.
Two-factor authentication is available on most apps and services online, including Asana. This feature adds another layer of protection to your account with the help of verification codes.
When someone tries to access your account after turning on 2FA, they’ll need to enter a verification code alongside your password. With the help of this feature, you can rest assured that people will have a hard time accessing your account.
Here’s how to enable two-factor authentication in Asana.
How to turn on 2FA on Asana
If you want another layer of protection to secure your Asana account, you can enable the two-factor authentication feature on the app. When you do, you’ll need to enter your password alongside a verification code the next time you sign in with your account.
You can enable 2FA on the Asana web client on your computer. Check our quick tutorial below for the step-by-step process.
- Open your preferred web browser, visit the Asana web client, and sign in to your account.
- Click your profile icon on the top right corner of your screen and select “My Settings” from the menu.
- Head to the “Account” tab.
- Click “Enable” on the Two-Factor Authentication section.
- Enter your password to verify your identity and click Continue.
- Scan the QR code on your screen with your preferred authenticator app. Alternatively, you can enter the code manually on your authenticator app. Once you finish, click Continue.
- Enter the verification code generated by your authenticator app and click “Enable.”
That’s how you enable two-factor authentication on Asana. The next time you try to sign in with your account, you’ll need to enter your password alongside the verification code from your authenticator app.
If you ever change your mind, you can disable 2FA on your account whenever you want. All you have to do is select the Disable option on the 2FA section, verify your identity by entering your password, and you’re all done.
Please note that 2FA isn’t available to users that use the SSO (single sign-on) feature on Asana. If you can’t enable the two-factor authentication feature on your account, you’ll need to add a password first.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to enable 2FA in Asana, you’ll have another layer of protection on your account. Although this isn’t entirely foolproof, other people will have a hard time accessing your account without your verification codes.
That’s everything we have on us! You can visit our page regularly for our daily posts and updates.