How To Enable Two-factor Authentication On Airtable
Last Updated: February 22, 2022
Do you think that a strong password isn’t enough to protect your account on Airtable? Do you want to add another layer of security when signing in to your account? If that’s the case, you can enable the two-factor authentication feature on the app. Check our guide below, and we’ll show you the steps to do so.
In most cases, having a strong password is enough to stop people that try to access your accounts online. However, we understand that some people prefer to have another layer of security to protect their accounts.
Thankfully, Airtable allows its users to use 2FA on their accounts. By using this feature, anyone that tries to access your account will also need the verification code to proceed.
Here’s our guide about enabling 2FA on Airtable.
How to use 2FA on Airtable
If you want to add another layer of security to your Airtable account, you can enable 2FA on the app. In this way, you’ll need the verification code alongside your username and password whenever you sign in to a new device.
You can enable 2FA from the Airtable web app on your browser. Follow our step-by-step tutorial below to learn how.
- Visit the Airtable web app on your favorite web browser and sign in to your account.
- Click your profile picture on the upper right corner of the screen and select “Account” from the menu.
- Head to the Account Overview page and select the “Set up two-factor authentication” option.
- If prompted, sign in again to your account and click Enable on the two-step authentication page.
- On the setup page, select “Text my phone” as the method to get verification codes.
- Enter your phone number in the full international format and click Next.
- Enter the 6-digit verification code you received through SMS and click Verify to enable the 2FA feature.
That’s how you enable 2FA on Airtable. If you want another way to get verification codes, you can add an alternative second step by using an authenticator app.
How to add an alternative second step for your Airtable 2FA:
- Head to your Account Overview page and select the “Update two-factor authentication” option.
- If prompted, sign in again to your account.
- Expand the “Add an alternative second step” option under the “Your steps” section and use a third-party authenticator app.
- Scan the QR code using the third-party authenticator app, enter the verification code, and select Verify to confirm your decision.
After enabling 2FA, copy the single-use backup codes at the bottom of the page. With the help of these codes, you can sign in to your account on occasions when you lose your phone or authenticator.
Please note that 2FA isn’t available for users who use Google to sign in to their accounts. If you want to use 2FA, you first need to add a password to your account.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to enable 2FA on Airtable, you can rest easy knowing that there’s another layer of security protecting your account. Make sure to save and store the single-use backup codes in case you lose your phone or authenticator in the future.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.