How To Enable Topics On Your Group On Telegram
Last Updated: January 5, 2023
Do you want to start organized discussions on your group on Telegram? Do you want to separate different topics into sections where users can converse about them easily? If that’s the case, you can enable the topics feature on the group that you manage on the app. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll teach you how to do so.
Starting a discussion is a challenge for groups with a lot of members. Other chat participants can easily flood the conversation with their replies and other messages, making it more likely for the chat to go off the topic.
Thankfully, Telegram has a feature that allows you to create separate spaces for discussions on any topic. By enabling the topics feature on your group, participants can create different conversations within the chats.
Here’s our guide about creating topics on Telegram.
How to allow topics on your Telegram group
If you want to divide the conversations on your Telegram group into different sections, you can enable the “topics” option on the chat. In this way, group members can start different discussions much easier on the chat without making it messy.
You can enable topics for a group whether you’re using Telegram on your phone or desktop. Check our tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do it from both devices.
On your phone:
- Open Telegram on your phone and sign in to your account.
- Go to one of the groups that you manage and tap the profile photo or name on the conversation header.
- Tap the pencil icon on the top right to edit the group.
- Enable the Topics option and tap the check icon on the top right to save the changes.
After enabling the topics feature on your group, participants can now start discussions and participate in existing ones. If you ever change your mind, you can always turn off the option on your group settings.
On your computer:
- Launch the Telegram desktop app and sign in to your account.
- Head to one of the groups you manage and tap its name on the conversation header.
- Tap More options (three dots icon) on the group information window and select “Manage group” from the menu.
- Enable the Topics option and click Save at the bottom of the group settings window to confirm your decision.
That’s how you toggle the topics option on your group chats on Telegram. Always remember that only admins can toggle topics for a group.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to enable topics on your Telegram group, you can now start discussions with other chat participants easily. Once you create a topic, other chat members can reply right away.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.