How To Enable Slow Mode On Telegram
Last Updated: January 12, 2022
Do you want to prevent people from spamming a lot of messages on your Telegram group? Do you want to regulate the number of messages coming from each of your members? If so, you can enable the slow mode feature on the app. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how.
In most private and small groups in Telegram, members that spam messages aren’t a problem. However, owners of public groups may have trouble regulating the number of messages that come through their group in a small amount of time.
Thankfully, owners have an option to enable slow mode on the groups that they manage. With the help of this feature, you can add a cooldown timer for a member when they send a message on the conversation.
Here’s how to use slow mode on Telegram.
How to enable slow mode in a Telegram group
If you want to regulate the number of chats that are coming to your Telegram group, you can enable slow mode. In this way, members can only send one message at a time.
You can toggle slow mode whether you’re using Telegram on your desktop or phone. Check our step-by-step tutorials below to learn how.
On the Telegram app for Android:
- Head to the group chat that you want to manage and tap its name on the conversation header.
- Tap the photo and select the edit icon on the top right.
- Select Permissions.
- Adjust the timer for slow mode near the bottom of the page.
- Tap the check on the top right corner of your screen to apply the changes.
After enabling slow mode, each member can only send one message at a time. They’ll need to wait until the cooldown expires before they can chat again.
On the Telegram desktop app:
- Head to the group chat that you want to manage.
- Click the three dots icon on the conversation header and select “Manage group” from the menu.
- Among the available options, select “Permissions.”
- Adjust the timer on the Slow mode section and click Save on the bottom right to apply the changes.
Using slow mode on your group prevents your members from spamming a lot of messages in a short amount of time. However, you can always add a few exceptions to this rule.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to use slow mode on Telegram, you can prevent your group members from spamming messages. Always remember that only the owner of one of the people with permission can manage and toggle this feature on the group.
If you want to allow some of your members to send multiple messages in a short amount of time, you can add them to the list of exceptions.
That’s it! For more tutorials, visit our page regularly and read our latest posts and updates.