How To Enable Reactions In Telegrm
Last Updated: January 23, 2022
Do you want to let your group members react to messages they see within your group chat? If so, you can enable emoji reactions within your conversation as an admin. We’ll show you how to do so in our quick guide below.
Reactions in Telegram can help users share their feedback and feeling without sending a message. Users can react to messages to show their approval, love, and other stuff.
By default, reactions are available on all private chats on Telegram. On the other hand, admins of group chats can decide whether to use reactions in their conversation or not.
Here’s our guide about turning on reactions on your Telegram groups.
How to enable reactions on your Telegram groups
As an admin of your Telegram group, you have the option to enable message reactions for the chat. You can also choose the reactions your chat members can use.
You can enable message reactions whether you’re managing the group from your phone or computer. Follow our tutorials below, and we’ll show you the things you need to know.
On the Telegram app for Android:
- Head to one of the group chats that you manage and tap its name on the conversation header. Alternatively, you can tap the three dots icon on the top right corner and select “Group info” from the menu.
- Tap the Edit icon on the top right side of the group information page. If you don’t see the pencil icon, tap your group photo once.
- Scroll down and select “Reactions.”
- Enable reactions and select the emoji reactions that you want to use on your group chat.
That’s how you enable reactions on the Telegram mobile app for Android. As an admin, you can choose which emojis the emojis that are available for reacting to messages within your conversation.
If you ever change your mind, you can always turn off emojis whenever you want. Always remember that other admins can also change this option within your chat.
On the Telegram desktop app:
- Open one of the group chats that you want to manage.
- Click the three dots icon on the right side of the conversation header and select “Manage group” from the menu.
- Select “Reactions” from the window that appears on your screen.
- Toggle the “Enable Reactions” option and choose the emojis you want to use.
- Click Save on the bottom right to apply the changes.
After turning on reactions, every member of your group chat can use emojis to react to messages within the conversation.
Always remember that you can use reactions on private chats whenever you want. The feature is enabled by default, so there’s no need to do anything.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to enable reactions on your Telegram group, your chat members can use emojis to express what they feel about a message without replying to it. Please note that only admins can toggle this feature on the group chat’s settings.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page from time to time and browse our latest posts and updates.