How To Enable Dark Mode On Microsoft Teams
Last Updated: May 4, 2021
Do you want to change your theme in Microsoft Teams? Do you want to make its color darker? If so, we have here guide for you. We’ll show you how to switch themes in Teams and enable its Dark mode feature. Whether you’re using the desktop, web, or mobile app, we have a tutorial for you.
Although the default color of the Teams app is white, not everyone likes how it looks on their device. Some people prefer to use darker colors or custom backgrounds if possible.
If you’re one of those people, we have some good news for you. Teams allow you to change the theme on your app whether you’re using the desktop, web, or mobile app.
With that in mind, we created a guide for you. We’ll show you how to switch your themes and use Dark Mode on Microsoft Teams.
How to use Dark Mode on Microsoft Teams
If you want to give your Microsft Teams app a new look, you can choose to use Dark Mode on your account. You can find the option to do so by navigating to your General Settings.
You can change the theme of Teams whether you’re using the desktop, web, or mobile app. Follow our step-by-step tutorials below to learn how.
On your computer:
- Open the Teams desktop app or visit their web client and sign in to your account.
- Click your profile icon on the upper-right side of your screen and select Settings from the menu.
- Make sure that you’re on the General tab of your Settings window.
- Under the Theme section, select the one you want to use. In this case, we’ll choose Dark Mode.
Once you choose the one you want to use, your app immediately applies the theme to your account. If you suddenly changed your mind, all you have to do is select “Default” among the options to revert the changes to normal.
On your Android:
As for those using Teams on their phone, please note that you need to restart your phone to apply your new theme. If you’re ready to do that, we can get started.
- Open the Teams app and sign in to your account.
- Tap your profile icon on the upper-left corner of the screen to open the menu.
- Select Settings.
- Under the General section, tap Appearance.
- Choose the Dark option at the bottom of the page.
- Once the pop-up prompt appears on your screen, tap Restart to apply the theme to your account.
That’s how you use Dark Mode on Microsoft Teams. If you want to switch your themes once again, you can follow the steps above as well.
The Teams app for Android and iOS is pretty much the same. As such, you can also follow our tutorial above to switch your themes. However, expect some slight differences in the interface for both apps.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to switch the theme in your Microsoft Teams account, you can go ahead and use Dark Mode on the mobile, desktop, or web app.
Always remember that you can revert the changes by switching the theme back to Default or Light.
That’s everything we have on our guide! For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit us regularly for our daily posts and updates.