How To Enable Dark Mode On Instagram
Last Updated: December 28, 2022
Do you want to change the appearance of Instagram on your phone or web browser? Or do you prefer to use a darker-colored theme? In any case, you can change the theme of the app whether you’re on your phone or computer. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how.
Like most apps, Instagram’s default appearance uses a light theme. The lighter theme color makes the app appear clean, readable, and natural.
However, we understand that there are a lot of people who prefer a darker and more stylish theme on the apps they use. Thankfully, Instagram has a feature that allows you to switch between the two themes.
Here’s our guide about changing the theme on Instagram.
How to use dark mode on Instagram
If you want to change how Instagram appears on your device, you can choose a different theme on your settings. As of now, you can only switch between the light and dark modes as the theme for the app.
You can change the theme whether you’re using Instagram on your desktop’s web browser or mobile device. Check our tutorials below, and we’ll cover the steps to do so on both.
On your phone:
- Launch Instagram on your phone and sign in to your account.
- Open your profile page by tapping your icon on the bottom right. Tap the three lines on the top right side of your profile page.
- Select the Settings option from the menu.
- Open the Theme options.
- Select “Dark” as the theme for your app.
That’s how you change the appearance of Instagram on your phone. You can choose “System default” as the theme so that the app appearance depends on your phone’s theme.
On your computer:
- Open Instagram on your web browser and sign in to your account.
- Click “More” at the bottom of the sidebar.
- Click the “Switch Appearance” option from the menu to toggle between the light and dark themes.
Changing your theme from the web app doesn’t change the theme on the mobile app and vice versa. You’ll need to change both of your appearance settings on both app versions if you want to use dark mode on them.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to change the theme on Instagram, you can now switch between light and dark modes on the app. Hopefully, we get to customize the themes further in the future.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.