How To Enable Dark Mode On Google Chat
Last Updated: May 17, 2022
Do you find the theme of your Google Chat app too bright? Do you prefer a darker color that doesn’t strain your eyes? If so, you can use the dark mode theme on your app. Follow our guide below, and we’ll show you how to use dark mode on Google Chat.
By default, Google Chat uses a light theme on its mobile and web app. The bright colors can make it easier for people to navigate through the app.
However, we understand that not everyone prefers white colors on applications they use on a daily basis. Some want to use a darker theme, while others find the light theme too bright for their eyes.
Thankfully, Google Chat allows its users to change the theme on the app.
How to use dark mode on Google Chat
If you find your Google Chat too bright for your liking, you can enable dark mode on the app. Using dark mode changes the theme to a darker one.
You can use dark mode on Google Chat whether you’re using the mobile or web app. Check our tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do it from both apps.
On your phone:
- Open Google Chat from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap the hamburger icon on the top left corner of the chats list.
- Select the “Settings” option once the sidebar appears on your screen.
- Tap “Theme” under the General section and select “Dark” on the pop-up window.
That’s how you use dark mode on the Google Chat mobile app. If you ever change your mind, you can always update the theme on your account whenever you want.
On your computer:
- Visit Google Chat on your preferred browser and sign in to your account.
- Click the gear icon on the top right side of your screen to open your Settings.
- Scroll down to the “Theme settings” section and select “Dark mode.”
- Click “Done” to apply the changes to your account.
Changing your theme settings only affects the app that you’re currently using. So if you’re using the Chat mobile app, you’ll need to configure your web settings to apply dark mode to both.
For those on iOS devices, all you have to do is use dark mode on your phone’s settings to use the theme on Google Chat.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to change the theme on Google Chat, you can use the dark mode option whenever you want. You can always update your theme options from any device whenever you want.
That’s everything we have on our guide! If you want to read more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently and browse our latest posts and updates.