How To Enable Auto-delete For All Your Chats On Telegram
Last Updated: December 12, 2022
Are you tired of enabling the self-destruct timer for each of your chats on Telegram? Do you want to auto-delete messages you send for newly created chats on the app? If that’s the case, you can enable the global self-destruct timer on the settings of your account. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how to do so.
The self-destructing messages feature on Telegram allows users to automatically delete messages they send and receive on chats after some time. This feature deletes the message for everyone on the chat to make the conversation more private and safe.
Back then, you need to enable the self-destruct feature for new and existing chats on your account. In Telegram’s recent update, they added an option that allows you to enable a feature for newly created chats.
Here’s our guide about enabling auto-delete messages for all your chats on Telegram.
How to set a self-destruct timer for all your chats on Telegram
If you want to delete the messages you send for your new chats on Telegram automatically after some time, you can enable the global self-destruct timer on your account. In this way, you can remove messages automatically for everyone in the chat without a trace.
You can enable the auto-delete option for all your chats whether you’re using the Telegram app on your desktop or mobile device. In our tutorials below, we’ll cover the steps from both devices.
On your phone:
- Launch the Telegram app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap the three lines above the chats list and select “Settings” from the menu.
- Go to your Privacy and Security settings.
- Tap the Auto-Delete Messages option under the Security section.
- Choose how long you want messages on your new chat to last and tap “Enable” on the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
You can set a custom timer for deleting your messages on new chats on Telegram. If you ever change your mind, you can always turn off the feature whenever you want.
On your computer:
- Open the Telegram desktop app and link it to your account.
- Click the three lines above the chats list and select “Settings” from the menu.
- Go to your Privacy and Security options.
- Select the “Auto-Delete Messages” option under the Security section.
- Set the self-destruct timer and click “Enable” on the pop-up window.
Enabling the self-destruct timer only applies the setting to new chats you create on your account. However, you can select the “apply this setting for your existing chats” option to use the feature on your existing chats.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to enable the global self-destructing messages timer on Telegram, you can now use the feature on your new chats automatically. In this way, you won’t need to configure your chat settings whenever you start a new conversation with your account.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.