How To Enable 2FA On LastPass
Last Updated: April 11, 2023
Do you want another layer of security for your LastPass account? Do you think that a password is not enough to protect your account from unauthorized access? If you agree, you can enable the 2FA feature on LastPass. Follow our tutorial, and we’ll cover the steps to do so.
By default, you only need your master password to protect your LastPass account. While having a secure and strong password is enough to deter unwanted people from accessing your account, we understand that you worry about the saved sign-in credentials on the LastPass vault.
Thankfully, there’s a 2FA option on LastPass that you can use. This feature adds another layer of verification and security to your account.
Here’s our guide about using 2FA on LastPass.
How to use 2FA on LastPass
If you want more security for your LastPass account, you can enable the 2FA feature on your account. In this way, other people will have a hard time accessing the sign-in credentials you stored on the app.
You can enable the 2FA feature from the LastPass website. Check our tutorial below and learn how to use Google Authenticator as the 2FA option on LastPass.
On your computer:
- Visit the LastPass website on your browser and sign in to your account.
- Click Account Settings on the sidebar. Alternatively, click your profile icon on the upper right and select “Account Settings” from the menu.
- Head to the “Multifactor options” tab.
- Click the Edit icon on the right of the Google Authenticator row.
- Click the View option on the barcode section.
- Enter your master password and click Continue.
- Scan the barcode using the Google Authenticator app and click OK.
- Choose “Yes” for the value for the “Enabled section and adjust the other options.
- Click the Update option at the bottom of the window and enter your master password to confirm your decision.
- Enter the verification code from the Google Authenticator app and click OK.
That’s how you use Google Authenticator as the 2FA option on LastPass. You’ll need the verification code from the authenticator app to log in to your LastPass account on any device, even on your phone.
There are other supported authenticator apps that you can use besides Google Authenticator. LastPass also has its own authenticator app that you can get from the Google Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS).
When signing in to a new device with 2FA enabled, you can use the “Trust this device” option so that you don’t have to enter a verification code every time you want to open your account. You can use this option on devices you own, like your computer, laptop, and phone.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to use 2FA on LastPass, you can add another layer of verification to secure your account. You can use any of the supported authenticator apps and connect one of them to your LastPass account.
That’s everything! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our daily posts and updates.