How To Enable 2FA On Discord
Last Updated: January 4, 2022
Do you worry about the security of your Discord account? Do you want to add more protection to your account on top of a strong password? If so, you can use the two-factor authentication function on the app. In our guide below, we’ll show you how to enable the 2FA feature from the Discord mobile and desktop app.
In most cases, a strong password is enough to protect your account on Discord. However, we understand that people want to add another layer of security to their accounts.
Thankfully, Discord allows its users to enable the 2FA feature on their accounts. With the help of Authy or Google Authenticator, you can add another layer of protection to your account on top of a strong password.
Here’s our guide about enabling 2FA on Discord.
How to add two-factor authentication on Discord
If you want to add more security to your Discord account, you can set up two-factor authentication with a third-party app on your phone. In this way, people will have a hard time accessing your account even if they know your username and password on the app.
You can set up your 2FA on Discord, whether using the app on your phone or computer. Follow our quick tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do it from both devices.
Note: Make sure to download and install Authy or Google Authenticator on your phone.
On your computer:
- Open the Discord desktop app and sign in to your account.
- Click the gear icon on the bottom left part of the app to open your User Settings.
- Head to the “My Account” tab and click the “Enable Two-Factor Auth” button under the Password and Authentication section.
- Enter your password and click the Confirm button to continue.
- Open the Authy or Google Authenticator app on your phone and scan the QR code on your screen. On the other hand, you can opt to enter the 2FA key manually into your preferred authenticator app.
- Enter the verification code on the empty field and click Activate to confirm your decision.
After adding setting up two-factor authentication on your account, you can also add your phone number to act as a backup option to receive 2FA codes. In this way, you can still access your account even if you lose access to your authenticator app.
On the Discord mobile app for Android:
- Tap the hamburger icon on the top left corner of your current channel and select your profile icon on the bottom of your screen to open your User Settings.
- Head to “My Account.”
- Under the Two-factor authentication section, select the “Enable Two-Factor Auth” button.
- Enter your password and tap Confirm to make changes to your account. Tap the Next button at the bottom of your screen to continue.
- Copy the 2FA key on your screen and tap Next at the bottom of your screen.
- Add the 2FA key to your preferred authenticator app and copy the code it generates. Enter the generated code to Discord.
That’s how you add a 2FA to your Discord account. You can also add your phone number as a backup option in case you lose access to your authenticator in the future.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to enable 2FA on Discord, you can add another layer of protection to your account. If you don’t want it on your account anymore, you can disable it from the Discord desktop app whenever you want.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page and browse our latest posts and updates.