How To Edit Messages On The Zoom Chat
Last Updated: March 7, 2022
Did you accidentally send messages with typos or errors in your Zoom chat or channel? Do you want to correct these messages before more people can see them? In any case, you can edit messages you send to your Zoom conversations. Check our quick guide below to learn how.
Aside from hosting and joining video conferences in Zoom, you can also send messages to channels and one-on-one conversations on the app. In this way, you can communicate with your team without hosting meetings and video conferences.
When people type their replies and messages in a hurry, misspelling words or typing with errors can happen. While some people check the message field before hitting the send button, others often press send before scanning for mistakes.
Thankfully, Zoom allows its users to edit messages they send on chats and channels on the app.
How to edit your messages on Zoom
If you sent messages with typos or grammar errors in your Zoom chat or channel, you have a chance to fix your mistakes. You can edit messages you send on the app as long as your organization admin allows you to do so.
You can edit messages sent on Zoom chats and channels whether you’re on your phone or computer. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how to do it from both devices.
On your phone:
- Launch the Zoom app and sign in to your account.
- Head to the chat or channel where you want to edit a message and browse the conversation.
- Tap and hold onto the message you want to edit until the options appear on your screen. Alternatively, you can select the three dots icon if it is visible in your messages.
- Tap the “Edit message” option on the menu.
- Type your new message and tap the checkmark on the right side of the message field to apply the changes.
That’s how you edit your message on the Zoom mobile app for Android. Edited messages have an indication at the bottom to show other conversation participants about your decision.
On the Zoom desktop app:
- Head to the Chat tab and open one of your channels or one-on-one conversations.
- Hover your mouse pointer to the message you want to edit and click the three dots icon that appears on your screen.
- Select the “Edit” option on the menu.
- Edit the current message and click the check icon on the right side of the message field to apply the changes.
Please note that you can only edit messages you sent on the chat or channel on Zoom. You can’t modify messages sent by other users within the conversation.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to edit your messages in Zoom, you can fix the errors you accidentally typed within the messages you sent to your channels and one-on-one chats on the app. After editing a message, everyone within the conversation will see an indication below the chat bubble.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently and read our latest posts and updates.