How To Edit Messages In Discord
Last Updated: April 6, 2021
Did you mistype a message you sent on Discord? Are you thinking of editing or deleting the text before more people can see it? In any case, we’re here to help you. In our guide below, we’ll show you how to edit your messages on Discord. Whether you’re using the desktop, web, or mobile app, we got you covered.
Accidentally sending a mistyped message on an active text channel can be quite embarrassing to some people. Fortunately, there’s a simple solution for this sort of problem on Discord.
Although you can’t delete messages and chats for everyone on the server or channel, you can edit them instead. In this way, you can fix typos and mistakes when chatting with other users.
If you’re having some trouble finding this feature on your chats, don’t worry, we’re here to help you. Follow our quick guide below to learn how to edit your messages on Discord.
Without further ado, let’s get started.
How to edit a message you sent on Discord
If you accidentally sent a message to the wrong channel or mistyped one of your words, you can choose to edit it to fix your mistakes. So if you’re fast enough, you can do change the message before anyone reads it.
You can edit your messages on Discord text channels and direct chats whether you’re using Discord on your desktop or mobile device. Follow our tutorials below to learn how to do it from both.
On your computer:
- Launch the Discord desktop app or visit the web app on your browser, and sign in to your account.
- Click on one of the servers on the left side of your screen and open a text channel.
- Hover on a message and click the Edit icon from the options that appear on your screen. Alternatively, you can click the ellipsis and select Edit Message from the menu.
- Type the new message on the field. You can also use emojis when you edit the text.
- Press Enter on your keyboard to save the changes.
Note: You can press Esc to cancel editing a message.
That’s how you edit a message on the Discord desktop or web app. Please note that aside from editing messages in text channels, you can also use this feature in conversations with other users.
On the mobile app:
- Tap the hamburger icon on the upper-left side of your screen to open the menu.
- Go to one of your servers from the menu on open a text channel.
- Tap and hold on to a message to access some options.
- Once the options menu appears on your screen, tap Edit.
- Enter your new message and tap the Send button to save the changes.
Editing a message on Discord won’t notify the other members on a channel. However, the word “edited” will appear beside the text so that people will know that changes there are changes made to the message.
Please note that you can only edit messages that you sent on Discord. You can’t change other people’s posts and chats.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to edit your messages on Discord, you can go ahead and fix the typos or the one you sent to the wrong text channel. While it won’t remove your message from the chat, it’s much better than having no solution.
That’s everything we have on our guide about editing messages on Discord. If you want to see more tips, tricks, and tutorials, you can visit our site regularly for our daily posts and updates.