How To Download Songs On Your Chromebook
Last Updated: August 12, 2020
There is no doubt, with time, Chromebooks are getting popular among users. The reasons behind the popularity are excelling flexibility, stunning appearance, and affordable price. A Chromebook comes with various useful features that can be used by people who are working as well as learning.
However, it has seen that people are complaining that they can’t download their favorite songs on their Chromebook. Well, is it true that one can’t download a song on this device? No, the users can download music on their Chromebook. This minimalistic OS can play or stream MP4 and MP3 audios. All you need to follow some steps to download your songs and you are all set to enjoy your music even if you are in offline mode. So, let’s get started with the steps.
Process 1- Downloading MP3 using third party sites
If you are watching a music video on YouTube and want to download that song in MP3 format on your Chromebook, then here are some steps that you can follow.
- First of all, you need to open YouTube and select the video that you want to convert into an MP3 format. Copy the video link
- Open any online free YouTube video converter site. Now paste the copied link into the given space.
- On that site, you will see an option called Convert to MP3. After that, the site will start converting the video into MP3.
4. Once done, you will see a Download option. Click on that to begin to download the converted song.
That’s it. Now you have successfully downloaded the MP3 to your chrome.
Process 2- Downloading songs through Google Play Music
Besides the above process, there is another way through which you can download songs. Every Chromebook comes with the Google Play Music app through which users can stream songs. You can use this app to download songs. However, before that, you need to upload your music to this app. Here are the steps for uploading to Play Music.
- Visit google.com/music on your Chromebook. From there, you can download the Music Manager.
2. After downloading, you need to install the musicmanager.dmg in your chrome book. Follow the on-screen steps and install the music manager.
3. Once done, you need to drag the Music Manger the Application folder, which houses all the applications installed on the Chromebook.
4. After that, open the Music Manager by clicking on the app.
5. You will be asked to allow your permission. While on that screen, click on Open option.
6. Press Continue to move further.
7. After that, a Google sign-in window will appear. You need to sign in using your Google account. Put your Gmail ID and password to sign in.
8. Click on Continue.
9. Now you need to select the location where you have kept your songs. Select the path and click on Continue.
10. Then choose the whole library or some particular songs. Besides, you can even select podcasts option.
11. Choose an option for the songs. You will be asked to permit whether you want the music manager to automatically upload the songs that you will add to iTunes or not.
- Wait for some minutes and let the process to get complete
While the songs upload in the background, you can click on ‘Go to music player’ to listen to other songs. The uploading process will take time, depending on the number of files you are uploading. Once done, you are ready to download the uploaded songs on your Chromebook. For this, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Open the Google Play Music app on your Chromebook.
- Now click on the menu (three lines icon), then click on the Music library.
- Find your uploaded songs that you want to listen to in offline mode.
- Now click on More (three dots icon) and then click Download.
- You need to choose the download path and click on Download Now.
Once done, you can now play the downloaded songs on your Chromebook using the device’s built-in MP3 player. Google Play Music also lets you automatically save music while you are listening to a song.
Steps to automatically save music
Don’t like the process of manually going and to download option to download every song? Well, don’t worry, Google Play Music has a solution for this. There is a useful feature that you can use to download music while streaming your libraries. That useful feature is Cache music while streaming. Here are the processes to enable this feature.
- Click on the Menu icon located in the top-left corner.
2. Now click on the Setting option.
3. You will Cache Music While Streaming option. Click on it to turn it no.
So, these are some useful and easy methods through which you can easily download the song on the Chromebook. Enjoy your favorite music now.