How To Download And Install Microsoft Teams
Last Updated: December 6, 2020
Are you looking for a platform where you can organize your work, join meetings, share information, and chat with other people? If so, then Microsoft Teams is one of the best apps for you. Here’s our quick guide on how to download and install the group chatting app on your desktop or mobile.
Microsoft Teams is one of the best business messaging services where you can chat and work with other people in one place. And since the app offers a lot of features, it’s perfect for staying connected and updated with your team or group.
While its interface may look too formal, the app is highly customizable, and it’s heavily integrated with other Microsoft apps. Aside from that, you can also call, hold meetings, and share your screen with your team.
With all of these features, you can’t deny that it’s got almost everything you need in a business messaging app. In addition, you have the option to use Teams on a web browser without downloading anything.
But if you’re always on the go or you don’t want to rely on your browser, you can use the desktop or mobile app. Follow our guide below to learn how to download and install Microsoft Teams on your computer or Android.
How to install Microsoft Teams on Windows and Android
Although you can always access and use Microsoft Teams on your web browser, using it on your desktop or mobile app is better and more convenient. Aside from that, downloading it on your phone allows you to stay connected and updated with your team wherever you go.
Follow our quick tutorial below to learn how to get the app for Windows and Android.
On your desktop:
- Using your favorite browser, navigate to Microsoft Teams and sign-in to their web client using your account.
- Click on your icon at the top right corner of your screen and select “Download the desktop app.”
Alternatively, you can head over to Microsft Team’s download page to get the desktop app.
- After downloading the installer on your computer, open it in your Downloads folder.
- Sign-in using your Microsoft account credentials to proceed. Once you successfully logged in to the platform, you can now go ahead and start using Teams on your desktop.
- Launch the Google Play Store from your home screen or app drawer.
- Search for Microsoft Teams and tap Install.
- After finishing the download and installation, open the Microsoft Teams app.
- Sign-in using your account. Once you successfully logged into the app, you can now go ahead and start chatting with your team or friends.
Alternatively, you can access Microsft Team’s download page on your mobile browser and enter your email or phone number to get the download link. You’ll receive it via SMS or email, depending on the information that you used on the page.
How to set up your Microsoft Teams account
If you don’t have an account for Microsoft Teams yet, now’s the time to create one. After all, you can’t use the group chatting service unless you sign-in on their platform.
Here’s how to register an account on Microsoft Teams using a web browser:
- Visit Microsoft Teams and click “Sign up for free.”
- Enter the address that you want to use and click Next. You can use set up using any email, but we recommend using the one you use for your Microsoft account so that you won’t bother creating a new one.
- Choose the reason why you want to use Teams and click Next. Don’t bother selecting the personal use option since it will only suggest you to use Skype instead of Teams.
- Enter your Microsoft account password and click Sign-in.
- Add account details such as your name, company, and region. Once you fulfill all the information required, click “Set Up Teams” to finish creating your account.
Now that you have an account, you can now use Teams on your computer and Android to chat and collaborate with your workmates online.
To sum it all up
To wrap things up, you can access and use Microsoft Teams in three ways. You can use its web client on your browser, download the desktop app, or install it on your phone.
In any case, all of them work without any problems, and it all depends on your preference. But if you’re always on the road and you want to stay connected to everyone on your team, we recommend that you install the app on your smartphone.
Now that you know how to download and install Microsoft Teams on your desktop or Android, the only thing left to do is to join your team or invite them over on the app.
That’s all from us! For our latest tips, tricks, and guides, visit us regularly for our daily updates. Click on the bookmark button as well while you’re at it.