How To Disable Screen Sharing On Microsoft Teams
Last Updated: December 20, 2021
Do you want to be the only one who can share their screen during a meeting on Teams? Or do you want to make sure that no one else can present while you’re discussing during the video conference? In any case, you can disable the screen-sharing feature for all the attendees of your meeting. Follow our quick guide below to learn how.
In Microsoft Teams, meeting participants can share their screens. As such, you can start presentations while discussing the things that appear on your screen.
By default, all attendees can share their screens during meetings on Teams. However, there are times when you don’t want any disturbances from other meeting participants.
Thankfully, you can disable the screen sharing option as the host of the room. When you do, no other participant can start presenting during the meeting.
How to prevent meeting participants from sharing their screen on Teams
If you don’t want your meeting attendees to share their screen during a discussion, you can turn off the feature on your Meeting Settings. In this way, you can focus on presentations and discussions without worrying about other users starting a new presentation.
You can turn off the screen sharing feature for all the participants, whether you’re hosting a meeting on the Teams mobile or desktop app. Follow our quick tutorials below, and we’ll cover the steps to do so on both app versions.
Note: We’re using the Teams free version in our tutorials below.
On the Teams desktop app:
- Head to the Calendar tab and click the “Meet now” button on the top right side of the screen to host a new meeting. Alternatively, you can start one of your scheduled meetings on the calendar.
- Inside the meeting room, click the three dots icon on the right side of the header and select “Meeting options” from the menu.
- On the Meeting options, click the drop-down arrow below the “Who can present” section and select the “Only me” option.
That’s how you prevent other participants from sharing their screen on the Teams desktop app. You can only access these meeting options as the host of the room.
If you can’t see these meeting options inside the room, ask the host for help.
On the Teams mobile app:
- After signing in to your account, head to the Meet tab and start a new meeting.
- Inside the meeting room, tap the participants icon on the top right corner of your screen.
- Select “Meeting options.”
- Expand the menu under “Who can present” and select the “Only me” option. Tap the Save button on the bottom right to confirm your decision.
If you ever change your mind, you can always turn the feature back on whenever you want. Until then, no one else aside from you can share their screen during the meeting.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to turn off the screen sharing feature during your meeting on Teams, you can focus on discussions and presentations as the host of the room. Until you turn the feature back on, no one else can start presenting during the meeting.
That’s everything we have on us! For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit our page from time to time and browse our latest posts and updates.