How To Disable Comments On Trello
Last Updated: April 23, 2022
Do you want to stop other board members from commenting or reacting to cards on Trello? Do you want to turn off the option completely? If so, you can disable the comment option within your board settings. In our guide below, we’ll show you the steps to manage the commenting permissions on your Trello board.
By default, board members on Trello can comment or react to any card within the board. With the help of this feature, everyone can contribute and comment their opinions on different tasks for the project.
However, we understand that there are situations where you only want people to view the information across the board. In that case, you can manage the permissions for all your cards and stop people from commenting or reacting to them.
Here’s our guide about disabling the comments option on your Trello board.
How to disable comments on your Trello cards
If you want to prevent other board members from adding comments on cards across your Trello board, you can disable the option from your settings. After disabling comments, no one can type and post text on the Activity section within the card.
You can disable comments whether you’re using Trello on your computer or mobile device. Follow our tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do it from both.
On your phone:
- Launch Trello from your home screen or app drawer and go to one of your workspaces.
- Open the board you want to manage and tap the three dots icon on the top right corner of the app.
- Once the sidebar appears, select “Board settings.“
- Select the Commenting option to change edit who can comment on the cards within the board.
- Select “Disabled” on the pop-up window.
That’s how you turn off comments on your cards on Trello. Please note that only admins can manage the commenting permission within a board.
On your computer:
- Go to the Trello web app, sign in to your account, and go to the board that you want to manage.
- Click the “Show menu” option on the top right side of the board.
- Select “More” on the sidebar and go to Settings.
- Click the “Commenting permissions” option.
- Click the Disabled option at the top of the menu to turn off comments and reactions within the board.
Please note that removing comments may affect how your team works within the board. If you ever change your mind, you can always manage your board settings and turn on comment permissions whenever you want.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to manage the commenting permissions on your Trello board, you can disable comments and reactions if you need to do so. Please note that other board admins can undo your decision, so communicate with them first before disabling the feature.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently and read our latest posts and updates.