How To Delete Your Discord Account
Last Updated: March 11, 2021
Are you finally saying goodbye to Discord? Do you want to erase your account, including all your data on the platform? If so, we’re here to help you. In our guide below, we’ll teach you how to delete your Discord account. Whether you’re on your phone or desktop, we got you covered.
Discord is one of the most popular chat apps primarily designed for gamers out there. Users of the platform can create or join different servers for voice even while playing games.
Although that’s the case, some might prefer using other services like TeamSpeak. Aside from that, others might want to leave the platform entirely.
If you’re finally heading out and leaving Discord for good, you might want to delete your account. When you do, you also erase all your messages, media, and other data associated with your account. Follow our quick guide below to learn how.
How to permanently delete your account in Discord
If you’re a server owner on Discord, there are a few actions you must take before you can close your account. You’ll need to transfer the ownership of your servers or delete them before we can continue.
Once you let go of all your servers, you can go ahead and close your account. If you’re having some trouble finding the option to do so, all you have to do is follow our tutorial below. Whether you’re using the desktop or mobile app, we’ve got your back.
Using your computer:
- Open the Discord desktop or web browser app and sign-in to your account.
- At the bottom left side of your screen, click the gear icon to open your Settings.
- Make sure that you’re on the Accounts tab under User Settings.
- Scroll down and click Delete Account under the Account Removal section. Discord will prevent you from continuing to the next step if you still have ownership rights to a server.
- Enter your current password on the empty field and click Delete Account again to confirm your decision.
Note: If you’re using two-factor authentication, you need to enter your six-digit 2FA code along with your password to complete the deletion of your account.
Once you delete your account, you’ll lose access to all your messages, group memberships, and other data. You won’t be able to sign-in using your credentials as well.
On mobile devices:
- Open the Discord app from your home screen or app drawer and sign-in to your account.
- At the bottom right corner of your screen, click your icon to open User Settings and select My Account.
- Tap Delete Account located under the Account Management section.
- Enter your password on the appropriate field and tap Delete. If you enabled two-factor authentication, you also need to input your six-digit code to complete the deletion.
On the other hand, you can choose to disable your account instead of deleting it. Although this will deactivate your account, you can still log-in and use it in the future.
When you deactivate your account, you won’t receive any notifications, but other users can send you friend requests on the platform. You’ll find all those requests waiting for you when you reactivate your account.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to delete your account on Discord, you can finally head out without worrying about people searching you on the platform.
Account deletion on the app is irreversible, and it erases all your data on the platform, including your messages, group memberships, and media.
If you intend to take a break from the platform and return in the future, you can choose to disable your account instead of deleting it. By doing so, you won’t get any notifications from the app, but other people can still send you friend requests.
That’s everything we have on us! For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit us regularly for our daily posts and updates.