How To Delete Your Chat’s History On Zoom
Last Updated: March 7, 2022
Do you no longer need a conversation or channel’s message history on Zoom? Do you want to delete all messages, files, and other information within the chat in one go? If so, you can use the clear chat history option on your Zoom conversation. Check our quick guide below, and we’ll show you the steps to do so.
Zoom keeps everything in your chats and channels, including messages, files, and other information, indefinitely. In this way, the participants can go back and read important conversations in the future.
However, users have the option to delete all the chat history within the conversations on their accounts. With the help of this feature, you can clear messages, images, files, and other data that you no longer need in the future.
Here’s our guide about clearing a conversation’s chat history in Zoom.
How to delete a chat’s message history on Zoom
If you want to clear all your previous messages from a chat o channel and start over, you can delete your message history within the conversation. When you clear a chat’s history on your account, all the images, messages, and other files get deleted on your end of the conversation.
You can clear conversations whether you’re using Zoom on your desktop or mobile device. Follow our tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do it from both.
On your phone:
- Open the Zoom app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Head to the “Meet & Chat” tab and open the channel or conversation where you want to clear the history.
- Tap the information icon on the right side of the conversation header.
- Tap the “Clear history” option at the end of the page.
- Tap “OK” on the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
That’s how you clear a conversation’s message history on the Zoom mobile app. Once you confirm your decision, you can’t recover the deleted files, messages, notifications, and images within the conversation.
On your desktop:
- Launch the Zoom desktop app and sign in to your account.
- Click “Chat” on the top of the app and open one of your channels or one-on-one conversations on the sidebar.
- Click the “More info” icon on the right side of the conversation header.
- Expand “More options” and select the “Clear Chat History” option.
- Click the red “Clear Chat History” button on the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
Alternatively, you can right-click on a conversation on the sidebar and select the delete chat history from the menu. Once you confirm your decision, there’s no way to restore deleted data within the conversation.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to clear a chat’s message history on Zoom, you can delete the messages, files, and other information within the conversation that you no longer need in the future. Once you open the chat, you’ll start over with a blank history.
That’s everything we have on us! For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.