How To Delete Playlists In Spotify
Last Updated: June 19, 2021
Do you want to remove some of your unwanted playlists on Spotify? Or do you want to clean up your Library and reduce the number of playlists? Either way, we got you covered. In our guide below, we’ll show you how to delete your playlists in Spotify. Whether you’re using the desktop, mobile, or web app, we have a step-by-step tutorial for you.
In Spotify, you can create personalized playlists to save your favorite songs and podcast episodes on the app. You can share them with your friends or allow them to collaborate with you in curating your music.
However, creating a lot of playlists that you might not use can congest your Library on the app, making it hard for you to find the ones you usually use. Thankfully, Spotify makes it easier for you to delete unused or unwanted playlists from your account.
With a few clicks or taps, you can remove a playlist from your Spotify account. In our guide below, we’ll show you how to do that from your computer or mobile device.
How to delete your playlists in Spotify
If you want to clean up your clogged Spotify Library, you can choose to delete some of your playlists from your account. In this way, you can remove unwanted or unused playlists from ever appearing in your Library.
You can delete Spotify playlists whether you’re using the web, desktop, or mobile app. Follow our step-by-step tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do it from all three.
On your computer:
- Visit the Spotify web player or launch their desktop app and proceed to sign in to your account.
- Open the playlist you want to delete by clicking its name on the left sidebar.
- Click More (three horizontal dots) to access the playlist options.
- On the menu that appears on your screen, select Delete and confirm your decision.
Alternatively, you can right-click on the playlist’s name on the sidebar to open access More options. Once the menu appears, click Delete and confirm your decision when the prompt appears.
On the mobile app:
- After signing in to the mobile app, head to the “Your Library” page.
- Open the playlist you want to delete from your account.
- Tap More (three vertical dots) on the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Select “Delete Playlist” on the playlist options.
- Once the prompt appears on your screen, tap the Delete button to confirm your decision.
Always remember that when you delete a playlist on Spotify, it only gets removed from your account. Its followers (if it has any) can still access and use the playlist on their accounts. So if you want to delete the playlist for its followers, you can choose to delete the songs within it.
But if you want to keep your playlist but hide it from your profile page, you can choose to make them private or secret. In this way, you can still use, view, and play it whenever you want.
How to recover deletes Spotify playlists
If you ever change your mind about deleting one of your playlists, you have the option to recover and restore them to your account. However, you can only do this to playlists deleted within the last 90 days.
You can only recover your playlists on the Spotify Account page on your web browser. With that in mind, here’s a step-by-step tutorial to help you do so.
- Using your preferred web browser, visit the Spotify Account page and sign in to your account.
- Check the menu on the left side of your screen and select Recover playlists.
- Browse the list of your recently deleted playlists and click Restore on the one you want to recover.
After restoring a Spotify playlist, you can find them back on your Library on the app.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to delete your playlists in Spotify, you can go ahead and clean up your clogged Library. In this way, you can reduce the number of playlists you have and leave the ones you usually use.
That’s all from us! If you want more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit us regularly and check our latest posts and updates.