How To Delete Or Disable Your Twitch Account
Last Updated: January 9, 2022
Are you leaving Twitch for good? Or do you want to take a break from the platform? Either way, we got you covered. In our guide below, we’ll teach you how to delete or disable your Twitch account. Whether you’re primarily using the app on your phone or computer, we’re here to help you.
Although Twitch is a great platform to host and watch different kinds of streams, sadly, it’s not for everyone. If you’re finally saying goodbye to Twitch and you plan to leave it for good, you can choose to delete or disable your account on the platform.
When you delete your account, you’ll also erase all your subscriptions, personal information, videos, and other data on the app. Just remember that once you confirm your decision, there’s no way to recover your account.
On the other hand, you can temporarily disable your account to keep all your data intact when you reactivate it in the future. We recommend this option if you plan to take an indefinite break from the platform.
But either way, we’re here to help you. We’ll show you how to delete or disable your Twitch account. Whether you’re using your phone or computer, don’t worry, we got you.
How to delete your Twitch account
When you delete your Twitch account, you’ll also lose all your paid subscriptions to channels on the platform. If there’s nothing that can sway your decision, follow our step-by-step tutorial below.
On your computer:
- Using your favorite browser, visit the Twitch website and sign in to your account.
- Head to the account deletion page that you can only access by clicking on the link.
- Click the Delete Account button. You can also choose to add an optional message to tell Twitch why you’re deleting your account.
- Finish your account deletion by entering your current password and clicking Verify.
Please note that you can’t recover your account once you delete it. Aside from that, Twitch recycles your ID back into the pool of available usernames after six months or so.
On mobile devices:
For users on their phones, you can open your mobile web browser and follow our guide above to delete your account. You can’t find the option to do so on both the Android and iOS apps.
How to disable your account on Twitch
If you’re planning to come back to Twitch in the future, you can choose to disable your account instead. By doing so, the app gets to keep all your data for you to get your account back when you reactivate your account.
You can find the option to deactivate your account by navigating to Settings > Profile and scrolling to the bottom of the page. If you’re having some trouble locating it on your app, follow our step-by-step tutorial below.
- Open the Twitch desktop app or visit their website using your browser and sign in to your account.
- Click your icon at the upper-right corner of your screen and select Settings.
- Head to the Profile tab.
- Scroll down and click the link to the Disable Account page.
- Click Disable Account to deactivate your account. You can also leave a message to tell Twitch why you’re disabling it in the meantime.
- If prompted, enter your current password on the empty field and click Verify to confirm your decision.
In case you change your mind, or if it’s time to come back to streaming, you can reactivate your account by signing in to Twitch using your credentials. Once you do, the app will restore your account with all the channels you follow and all the Bits you have before deactivating.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to delete or disable your Twitch account, it’s up to you whether to leave it for good or keep it for later use.
If you don’t plan on coming back, you might want to delete your account to remove all your information on the platform. On the other hand, you can disable it instead to retrieve all your data once you reactivate your account.
That’s all we have on our guide! For more step-by-step tutorials, hit the bookmark button and visit us regularly for our daily posts and updates.