How To Delete One Of Your Spaces On ClickUp
Last Updated: January 29, 2023
Do you want to erase one of your spaces on ClickUp along with all the tasks and content within them? Or do you want to make space for a new one in your limited Free Forever workspace? Either way, you can move one of your spaces to the trash folder by deleting them. Here’s a quick guide to help you find the option to do so.
Spaces on ClickUp allow you to separate your tasks into different sections within your workspace. You can customize each space you create on the app to tailor them to what you need.
For those on the Free Forever plan on ClickUp, you can only create up to 5 spaces within your workspace. As such, you may need to delete one of your spaces to have room for a new one.
With that in mind, here’s our guide about deleting spaces on ClickUp.
How to erase a space on ClickUp
A Free Forever workspace plan on ClickUp can only hold up to 5 spaces. If you want to create a new space in your workspace, you can delete one of the existing spaces to make room for it.
You can delete spaces on ClickUp whether you’re on your phone or computer. Check our tutorials below, and we’ll show you the steps to do so.
On your phone:
- Launch the ClickUp mobile app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap the three lines on the top left corner of the app to open the sidebar.
- Tap one of the spaces you manage and select the arrow icon to open it on the app.
- Tap More options (three dots icon) on the top right corner of the space.
- Scroll down and tap the “Delete Space” option.
- Tap Delete at the bottom of your screen to confirm your decision.
That’s how you delete one of the spaces you manage on ClickUp. Once you delete a space, you can find it in your workspace’s trash folder, where you can permanently delete it from your workspace.
On your computer:
- Open the ClickUp desktop app or web client and sign in to your account.
- Expand the Spaces section on your sidebar, hover your mouse pointer to one of the spaces, and click the three dots icon to open the space settings.
- On the menu that appears, select the “Delete” option.
- Type the name of the space on the empty field and click the Delete button to confirm your decision.
Deleting a space moves it to the trash section within your workspace. As such, you can easily recover them in the future unless you permanently delete the item.
You can open your trash folder by clicking your profile icon on the bottom of the sidebar and selecting “Trash” from the menu. Click More options (three dots icon) on the right of one of the items to restore or permanently delete it.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to delete spaces on ClickUp, you can now remove the ones you no longer need from your workspace. You can find deleted spaces in your trash folder to restore or delete them permanently.
If you’re looking to hide a space from your sidebar on the app, you might want to use the archive option instead. In this way, you can still find the space using the search bar on the app if you ever need it in the future.
That’s everything we have in our guide! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our daily posts and updates.