How To Delete Comments On Steam
Last Updated: April 26, 2023
Do you have a lot of comments on your Steam profile that you want to remove? Or do you want to erase negative or hateful comments about you from other users? Either way, you can delete comments on your Steam profile permanently. Read on, and we’ll cover the steps to delete comments from the Steam desktop and mobile app.
In Steam, other users can comment on your profile. This feature makes it easier for other users to leave compliments about your gameplay and other stuff.
However, there are times when other people leave hateful or negative comments on different profiles. When you have a few ones on your profile, you have the option to delete them if you wish.
Here’s our guide about deleting Steam comments.
How to delete Steam comments
If you have comments on your Steam profile that you don’t want there, you can delete them whenever you want. As the owner of your Steam account, you can manage what appears on your profile page on the app.
You can delete Steam comments whether you’re on your phone or computer. In our tutorials, we’ll teach you how to do it from both devices.
On your computer:
- Open the Steam desktop app and sign in to your account.
- Click the drop-down arrow beside your profile name on the upper right side of the app and select “View my profile” from the menu. Alternatively, hover your mouse pointer over your profile name on the upper center part of the app and select “Profile” from the menu.
- Scroll down to the Comments section, hover your mouse pointer over one of the comments, and click the trash icon to Delete it.
Once you click the trash bin icon, the comment will disappear from your profile forever. There’s no way to restore deleted comments on your Steam profile.
On your phone:
- Open the Steam mobile app and sign in to your account.
- Tap your profile icon on the upper right corner of the app.
- Select the “View Profile” button from the menu.
- Please scroll down to the Comments section and click the trash bin icon beside one of the comments to delete it.
If you don’t want anyone else to comment on your profile in your Steam profile, you can change your privacy settings on the app and set commenting to “Private.”
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to delete comments on Steam, you can remove the ones you don’t want appearing on your profile. Keep in mind that there’s no way to restore deleted comments, so be careful when clicking the delete option.
That’s everything! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our daily posts and updates.