How To Delete A Thread On Discord
Last Updated: November 17, 2021
Do you want to remove one of your threads on Discord permanently? Do you not need the discussion and replies anymore? If so, you can delete it from your channel on the app. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how to delete threads on Discord.
In Discord, server members can use threads to start organized discussions within a text channel. With the help of this option, you can place the conversation in a section where you can see the replies separately from other messages within the channel.
As time goes by, there might be a lot of inactive or archived threads within your server. Although some people don’t mind a lot of clutter around their channels, others prefer to keep them neat and organized.
With that in mind, you can delete archives you no longer need on Discord. Here’s our guide to help you do it from your phone or computer.
How to delete one of your channel threads on Discord
If you want to erase a thread from a channel, you can delete it instead of archiving it. When you do, you’ll lose all data on the discussion permanently.
You can delete a thread from the Discord desktop, web, or mobile app. In our step-by-step tutorials below, we’ll cover the steps you need to know on all three.
On your computer:
- Launch the Discord desktop or web app and sign in to your account.
- Go to one of your servers and open a thread from the channels list. Alternatively, you can use the Thread Discovery feature to find the discussion you want to delete.
- After opening the thread, click the three dots icon on the top right and select “Delete Thread” from the menu.
- Once the pop-up window appears on your screen, click the red “Delete Thread” button to confirm your decision.
After deleting a thread, there’s no way to recover the lost data within the discussion. If you don’t want that to happen, you can archive the thread to hide it from the channel.
Always remember that you can also delete archived threads within a channel. You can use the Thread Discovery feature to find them or browse your channels list.
On the Discord mobile app:
- Tap the hamburger icon on the top left corner of the current channel to open the menu.
- Head to the server where you want to delete a thread and browse its channels list.
- Tap and hold to one of the threads until a menu pops up on your screen.
- Tap the “Edit Thread” option.
- Tap the three dots icon on the top right corner and select “Delete Thread.”
- Select the red Delete button on the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
Like we mentioned earlier, deleting a thread removes it from the channel permanently. You can recover the lost data once you go through with your decision.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to delete threads on Discord, you can remove discussions that you no longer need on your channels. On the other hand, you can always archive your threads to keep them available but hidden from the channel sidebar.
That’s everything we have on us! For more tutorials, visit our site from time to time and read our latest posts and updates.