How To Delete A Scribd Account
Last Updated: January 11, 2021
Do you find Scribd’s premium membership expensive? Or do you have no use for their services anymore? In any case, you can opt to delete your account on their platform entirely. But before you can do that, you must first cancel your active subscription. To help you, we’ll teach you how to remove your premium membership and delete your account on Scribd.
Scribd is one of the most popular digital reading services that offers a ton of e-books, audiobooks, magazines, and other stuff for their members. With its extensive library that consists of millions of titles, it’s one of the best apps for avid readers out there.
While that’s the case, not everyone is a fan of the reading service. Some people find their pricing expensive, and others can’t find the books they want on the platform.
With that in mind, Scribd allows its users to cancel their premium subscriptions at any time and delete their account afterward. If that’s what you want to do, we have here a guide that can help you.
How to delete your Scribd account
Although Scribd offers an extensive library of books, magazines, news, and other stuff for readers, not everyone is a fan of their service. If that’s the case for you or you don’t have any use for the app anymore, you can choose to delete your account completely.
By deleting your account, you’ll also remove documents, saved books, and your account info on the platform. If you wish to continue, follow our tutorial below.
- Visit Scribd using your favorite web browser and sign-in to their website.
- Click the user icon at the upper right side of the page and click “Your account.”
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Account Settings page and click “Delete Your Account.”
- When the confirmation window pops-up on your screen, click “Yes, Delete My Account.”
Note: You can’t delete your Scribd account if you have an active subscription. You must first cancel your premium membership on your Settings and wait for the remaining duration to expire.
With that in mind, here’s a quick guide that can help you cancel your premium membership on Scribd.
How to cancel your Scribd subscription
Canceling your premium membership on Scribd depends on the payment option you used to register. If you used Google Play, debit, credit, PayPal, Google Pay, or Apple Pay to subscribe, you have the option to cancel it any time on your Account Settings.
If you’re not sure what to do, follow these steps below:
- Using your favorite browser, visit the Scribd website, and sign-in to your account.
- Click the user profile icon at the top right corner to open a drop-down menu.
- Click “Your Account” to open the Account Settings page.
- Scroll down, go to the Membership & Payment Details section, and click “End my membership.” Read and review the following pages displayed on your screen before you proceed to the cancellation.
- After confirming your decision to unsubscribe to the premium membership, you’ll see a notification like the one below. You’ll also receive a confirmation message through email, so check your inbox as well.
As for users who subscribed using Apple App Store or iTunes, you can cancel your Scribd membership through your device’s Settings. Go to Settings > iTunes & Appstore, sign in to your Apple account, and cancel your Scribd from your subscriptions.
After canceling your subscription, you have to wait for its remaining duration to expire before you can delete your account. Once the membership is over, you can find the delete option on your Account Settings page.
Once you delete your Scribd account, there’s no turning back. However, you can always create a new one if you want to read books using the platform again.
To wrap it all up
To delete your Scribd account, you must first cancel your premium subscription. Usually, you can end your membership through your Account Settings.
After waiting for your subscription to end, you can now delete your account on Scribd completely. Just remember that by doing so, you’re also removing all documents, saved books, and information associated with your account.
That’s all we have on our guide about canceling your membership and deleting your account on Scribd. We hope that you learned a thing or two with our help.
For the latest tips, tricks, and guides, visit us regularly for our daily updates. While you’re at it, hit the bookmark button as well so that you can open our page with a few clicks.