How To Delete A Page In Notion
Last Updated: July 12, 2021
Do you want to remove some of your inactive pages from your workspace in Notion? How about permanently deleting them from your account? In our guide below, we’ll show you how to delete your pages on the Notion desktop and mobile app. As a bonus, we’ll teach you how to restore them as well.
Although Notion allows you to create multiple pages in a single workspace, having too many can make your sidebar too crowded. As such, you might have a hard time navigating to your most used or active pages.
Thankfully, the app lets you temporarily delete any of your pages on the workspace to hide them from your view. If you ever need them again, you can go to the Trash folder and recover them one by one. On the other hand, you can also clean up the trash folder by permanently delete pages from your account.
With that in mind, here’s our guide on how to delete pages in your Notion workspace.
How to delete one of your pages in Notion
If you want to remove the pages that you’re not using on the Notion app, you have the option to delete them from your workspace and send them to the Trash folder. In this way, you can still recover the contents if you ever change your mind in the future.
You can delete your pages whether you’re using Notion on your computer or mobile device. Follow our step-by-step tutorials below and we’ll show you how to do it from both devices.
On your computer:
- Launch the Notion desktop or web app and sign in to your account.
- On the sidebar at the left, hover on the one you want to delete and click the three horizontal dots to access more options.
- Click the Delete option on the menu that appears on your screen.
Alternatively, you can open a page and click the three horizontal dots on the upper-right side of the screen. Once the menu appears, click Delete.
On your phone:
- Open the Notion mobile app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap the three horizontal lines on the upper-left side of your screen to open the menu.
- Tap the three dots on beside the page you want to delete to access more options.
- Tap Delete.
After deleting your pages, you can find them in the Trash folder of the Notion app. From there, you have the option to restore or permanently delete it from your workspace.
How to recover or permanently delete your pages in Notion
If you ever change your mind about deleting one of your pages in Notion, you can head to the Trash folder and restore the page to your workspace. On the other hand, you can also choose to delete it from your account permanently.
Whether you want to restore or delete a page permanently, we got you covered. Follow our quick tutorials below to learn how to do it from your desktop or phone.
On the desktop and web app:
- Click the Trash option on the sidebar located at the left side of your screen.
- Head to the “All pages” tab and click the Restore icon on the page you want to recover.
- If you want to delete the page permanently, click the trash bin instead.
On the mobile app:
- Tap the three horizontal lines on the upper-left side of your screen to access the sidebar.
- Near the bottom of the menu, tap Trash.
- Tap the Restore icon on the page you want to recover.
- To permanently delete the page, tap the trash bin instead.
Unfortunately, there’s no option to restore or permanently delete all the items on the Trash folder in one go. You’ll need to manage each of your content individually.
If you accidentally deleted a page for good, you can ask Notion for help. The app keeps a backup of your content for the past 30 days on their database if you ever need it.
You can send them a message through the app by clicking the question mark icon at the bottom of your screen or on the sidebar (for mobile users). On the other hand, you can also send an email to [email protected]
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to delete your pages in Notion, you can go ahead and clean up your workspace. In this way, you can temporarily remove the ones you don’t currently need.
Always remember that you can permanently delete or restore content on the Trash folder. However, you’ll need to do this individually as there’s no option to select multiple pages.
That’s everything we have on our guide! If you want more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit us frequently and check our latest posts and updates.