How To Delete A Group In GroupMe
Last Updated: August 12, 2022
Do you have an inactive group that you manage on your GroupMe account? Do you want to delete the conversation for all group members? If that’s the case, you can end the group as the owner or creator of the chat. Check our quick guide below, and we’ll teach you how to delete group chats on GroupMe, whether you’re on your phone or computer.
In GroupMe, you can create groups with your friends and other contacts on the app. These chats allow you to communicate with multiple people in a single conversation to share messages, files, and other information.
As time passes by, there might be conversations that you and other members no longer use. When that happens, you have the option to delete the chat along with all of its contents.
Here’s our guide about ending a group in GroupMe.
How to end a group in GroupMe
If you no longer need one of the groups you manage in GroupMe, you can end it for everyone in the chat. Once you end a group you’ll lose the messages, images, and other things shared in the chat for good.
You can end a group whether you’re using GroupMe on your computer or mobile device. Follow our tutorials below, and we’ll teach you how to do it from both.
On your phone:
- Launch the GroupMe app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Open the group that you want to delete on the Chats tab and tap its icon on the conversation header.
- Select “Settings” from the sidebar that appears on your screen.
- Scroll down to the end of the Settings page and select the “End group” option.
- Tap Ok on the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
That’s how you end a group conversation from the GroupMe app for Android. Once you confirm the deletion of the conversation, there’s no way to undo your decision.
On your computer:
- Open the GroupMe app on your computer or browser and sign in to your account.
- Browse the Chats tab and open the group that you want to delete.
- Click the drop-down arrow on the conversation header and select “Settings” from the menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Settings window and click the “End group” button.
- Click “Yes” on the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
Please note that only group owners have permission to end the group for all its participants. If you’re a regular member, you can only leave the conversation without deleting any of its contents.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to end a group in GroupMe, you can clean up the conversations that you don’t need on the app. In this way, you don’t have to worry about managing inactive chats in the future.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.