How To Delete A Contact On Telegram
Last Updated: March 4, 2022
Do you want to remove someone from your contacts list on Telegram? Or did your friend create a new account, so you need to delete the contact? In any case, you can remove your contacts on Telegram whenever you want. Check our quick guide below to learn how.
In Telegram, you’ll need to add people as contacts to start conversations with them much easier. Once you save someone’s number on your phone’s address book, Telegram automatically syncs them and adds them to your app’s contacts list if they have an account.
However, we understand that there are times when you need to cut off or remove someone from your contacts list. Whether the number is no longer available or your friend has a new account, you can delete contacts from Telegram.
Here’s our guide about deleting your contacts on the Telegram app.
How to remove one of your contacts on Telegram
If you no longer want someone to be in your contacts in Telegram, you can delete their contact information from the app. After deleting their contact, make sure to delete it from your phone contacts to make sure that Telegram won’t sync the details back to the app.
You can delete contacts from your Telegram account whether you’re on your phone or desktop. Follow our tutorials below, and we’ll cover the steps to delete Telegram contacts on both devices.
On your mobile device:
- Open the Telegram app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap the hamburger icon on the top left corner of the chats list and select “Contacts” from the sidebar.
- Tap the contact you want to delete and select the person’s profile icon at the conversation header.
- Tap the three dots icon on the top right corner of the contact’s profile page and select the “Delete contact” option from the menu.
- Tap “Delete” on the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
That’s how you delete contacts on the Telegram mobile app. Make sure to delete the contact on your phone’s registry as well so that the app won’t sync and add it back.
On the Telegram desktop app:
- Click the hamburger icon on the top left side of the chats list and select “Contacts” from the sidebar that appears on your screen.
- Select the contact you want to delete from the list.
- Click the three dots icon on the right side of the conversation header and select “View profile” from the menu. Alternatively, you can click on the person’s name on the header.
- On the contact’s profile information window, select “Delete contact.”
- Click “Delete” on the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
Removing someone from your contacts list doesn’t erase your conversation history with the person. You’ll need to delete the conversation from your chats list manually.
If you ever change your mind, you can always add someone back to your contacts list. As long as you didn’t delete the number from your phone’s contacts, Telegram can sync them back to the app.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to delete contacts on Telegram, you can remove your friend’s old number from your address book. Please note conversations with a deleted contact will remain on your chats list. However, you can always delete the conversation if you don’t need the chat history in the future.
That’s everything from us! For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit our page regularly and read our latest posts and updates.