How To Customize Your Profile Banner In Discord
Last Updated: October 20, 2021
Do you want to make your Discord profile unique or cool? How about adding a profile banner to customize it even further? In our guide below, we’ll show you how to upload a banner to your Discord account. Follow us, and we’ll cover the steps to do so, whether you’re on your phone or computer.
In Discord, there are different ways to customize your profile. You can change your avatar, the “About Me” section, or the color of your profile.
Aside from these customization options, you can opt to upload a profile banner to your account. You can choose whether to use a picture or GIF as some sort of cover on the top of your profile.
Before we continue with our guide, please note that banners are available to Discord Nitro members. So if you truly want to customize your profile on the app, consider boosting your account.
Now that we’re all ready, here’s our guide on how to change your profile banner on Discord.
How to change your profile banner in Discord
If you want to customize your Discord profile even further, you can opt to add a profile banner. Everyone that checks your profile sees it immediately right behind your avatar.
You can add a profile banner from the Discord mobile, desktop, or web app. With that in mind, here are our step-by-step tutorials that cover all three.
Note: Profile banners are available to Nitro users only.
On your computer:
- Open the Discord desktop or web app and sign in to your account.
- Click the gear/cog icon on the bottom left part of the app to open your User Settings.
- Click “User Profile” on the left or select the “Edit User Profile” button on the My Account tab.
- Under the Profile Banner section, click the “Change Banner” button.
- Upload a file from your device or choose from one of the GIFs offered on the app.
- Make some adjustments to the image or GIF and click the Apply button on the bottom right.
- Don’t forget to click “Save Changes” at the bottom to confirm your decision.
If you selected a GIF as your profile banner, it animates once someone views your profile and hovers their mouse to your banner. Always remember that you can crop images you upload before saving the changes to your profile.
On the Discord mobile app:
- After opening the Discord mobile app and signing in to your account, tap the hamburger icon on the top left of the current channel to open the menu.
- Tap your profile avatar on the bottom right corner of the app.
- Under the User Settings section, select “User Profile.”
- Tap your profile banner and select “Change Profile Banner” or “Upload Banner” from the options at the bottom of your screen.
- Choose a file from your device that you want to use.
- Make some changes to the photo and tap the check icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- Lastly, don’t forget to hit the Save icon on the bottom right to apply the changes to your profile.
If you ever change your mind, you can always remove your profile banner any time you want. You can also choose a new one by uploading a file from your device or selecting a GIF from the desktop and web app.
Customize your profile with banners on Discord
Now that you know how to change banners in Discord, you personalize your profile even further. Whether you use a GIF or image as a banner, everything is up to you.
Always remember that you can make some slight changes to your banner before applying it to your profile.
That’s everything we have on us! For more tips and tutorials, check our site regularly, and browse our latest posts and updates.