How To Create Tags In Asana
Last Updated: January 20, 2022
Do you want to add more context to your tasks in Asana? Or do you want to categorize similar tasks together for your team members? In any case, you can create and use tags in your project. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how to create and add one to your workspace.
In Asana, you can create tasks within your project and assign them to your members. While a task alone is fine, giving them context or categorization can help everyone on your team progress with your project advancement.
With that in mind, Asana allows its users to create and add tags to tasks. This feature can help workspace members identify and categorize one task from another.
For example, you can create a tag for UI improvements, new features, bug fixes, and others. You can even add multiple tags to a task to overlap them.
Here’s our guide about creating and using tags in Asana.
How to create and add tags in Asana
If you want to add more context or control over a task in your Asana project, you can add more tags to your tasks. In this way, you can categorize different tasks or help team members prioritize things they should do first.
You can create and add more tasks whether you’re using Asana on your phone or computer. Check our step-by-step tutorials below to learn how.
On your computer:
- Open the Asana desktop or web app and sign in to your account.
- Head to one of your projects and open one of your task details.
- Click the three dots icon on the top right corner of the task details and select “Add Tags” from the menu. Alternatively, you can click the plus icon on the Tags section if you have existing tags.
- Type the name for the tag and select the create tag option from the menu.
- Select the color that you want to use for your new tag.
That’s how you create new tags on the Asana desktop and web app. You can use these newly created tags on other tasks within your workspace or project.
If you ever change your mind, you can always delete tags whenever you want.
On the Asana mobile app:
- Go to one of your projects and access one of its tasks.
- On the task details page, tap the three dots icon on the top right.
- Once the menu appears on your screen, select the “Add Tag” option.
- Choose the “New Tag” option.
- Add the tag’s name, select your preferred color, and tap the Create button on the bottom right.
That’s how you create a new tag on the Asana mobile app. After doing so, you can assign it to the task that you’re currently editing.
Repeat these steps until you create all the tags you want to use for your projects. In this way, you can use them quickly on other tasks you have on your project.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to create and add tags in Asana, you can categorize and label tasks on your workspace projects. You can customize your “My Tasks” tab to view all the tags on all your tasks within your workspace.
That’s it! For more tips, tricks, and tutorials from us, check our daily posts and updates.