How To Create Folders On Telegram
Last Updated: April 28, 2022
Do you want to create partitions on your Telegram chats list so that you can access important chats quickly? Or do you want to organize your chats into different sections? In any case, you can do it by creating a folder and adding chats to it. Follow our guide below, and we’ll show you how to do it on Telegram.
By default, all your conversations on Telegram appear in your chat list. Having all of them in a single section can make it difficult for you to access important chats in a short amount of time.
Thankfully, Telegram allows its users to create multiple folders to act as partitions for their chats. You can use these folders to access different types of conversations quickly.
With the help of well-curated folders, you can organize your conversations much better on Telegram. Check our guide below, and we’ll show you how to use them on your account.
How to create a folder for your Telegram chats
If you want to organize your chats on Telegram into different sections, you can create folders on your account. You can use these new sections to separate your chats into different categories of your choosing.
You can create new folders on Telegram whether you’re using the app on your computer or mobile device. In our tutorials below, we’ll teach you how to do it from both.
On your phone:
- Open Telegram from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap the hamburger icon on the top left side of the chats list and select “Settings” from the menu.
- Tap “Folders” under the “Settings” section.
- Select the “Create New Folder” option.
- Add the name of the folder and select which chats to include within it.
- Tap “Save” on the top right corner to confirm your decision.
That’s how you create a new folder on the Telegram app for Android. If you want to include more conversations in the future, you can add them to the folder whenever you want.
If you want to add a new conversation to a folder, hold onto the chat on the list, select the three dots icon on the top right corner, and select the “Add to folder” option in the menu.
On your desktop:
Note: You can only add new folders on the Telegram desktop app if you have an existing folder for your chats.
- Open the Telegram desktop app and link it to your account.
- Click the Edit option on the left side of the chat list.
- Click the “Create New Folder” on the window that appears on your screen.
- Choose the folder’s name and select the chats that you want to exclude or include within the folder.
- Click the Create option at the bottom of the window to confirm your decision.
Please note that Telegram may add conversations to your folders automatically. If you don’t want some chats to appear on your folder, add them to the exclusion list.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to create and use folders on Telegram, you can group different chats on the app. With the help of this feature, you can access different kinds of conversations much faster on your account.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.