How To Create An Event In GroupMe
Last Updated: August 25, 2022
Are you planning an event with your group on GroupMe? Do you want to use the calendar feature to remind everyone about your meetup, meeting, or weekend getaway? If that’s the case, you can create a calendar event on the app. Check our step-by-step guide below, and we’ll teach you how to start an event on GroupMe.
Aside from sending messages and media files to your groups in GroupMe, you can start events with other members of the conversation. In this way, you can plan meetups, meetings, or vacations much easier than sending a message to the chat.
When creating a group event, you can add the dates, location, and other information about your plan. Other chat members can respond to your created event whether they can attend or not.
Here’s our guide to creating group events in GroupMe.
How to create a group event in GroupMe
If you want to schedule an event with your group in GroupMe, you can create a calendar event on the chat. With the help of this feature, you can easily plan your meetings, meetups, and other stuff you want to do with your group members on the app.
You can create an event on your groups whether you’re using GroupMe on your computer or mobile device. Follow our quick tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do so.
On your phone:
- Launch the GroupMe app on your phone and sign in to your account.
- Go to the group where you want to start an event and select its avatar from the conversation header.
- Select “Calendar” from the sidebar that appears on your screen.
- Tap the plus icon at the bottom right part of the app.
- Add the name, dates, details, and other information about the event. You can also set two reminders for everyone in the chat.
- Tap the check icon on the top right corner to confirm your decision.
After creating an event, it will appear on the group chat right away. Conversation members can choose to respond to the event or ignore it on the chat.
On your computer:
- Launch the GroupMe Windows app and sign in to your account.
- Go to one of your group chats and click Calendar on the sidebar.
- Click the plus icon on the bottom right corner of the Events tab to create a new event.
- Enter the event details such as its name, date, location, and other information.
- Click the Send button at the bottom to create the event.
If you ever change your mind, you can edit the event and cancel it any time you want. Only the creator of the event has permission to edit its details and other information.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to create an event on GroupMe, you can now plan your meetings with your group members on the app much more efficiently. You can opt to set reminders to alert everyone attending when it’s about time to start your event.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.