How To Create A Task On ClickUp
Last Updated: January 22, 2023
Are you done setting up your workspace on ClickUp? Do you want to start working on your project right away? If that’s the case, you can start creating tasks and assign them to people within your workspace. In our guide below, we’ll show you how to do it.
Every project starts with small tasks. Finishing different tasks accumulates to the overall completion of your work or project.
In ClickUp, tasks are the basic building blocks of a workspace. Workspace admins can create and assign tasks to other members to get the workflow going.
Here’s a guide about creating a task on the app.
How to add a task quickly on ClickUp
As a collaboration tool, you can create tasks on ClickUp when working on a project within your workspace. Tasks are the fundamental blocks of a workspace, and all projects progress by finishing tasks one by one.
Although there are many ways to create a new task on ClickUp, we’ll go with the quickest way to do so. Follow our tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to create tasks from the ClickUp desktop, web, and mobile app.
On your phone:
- Open the ClickUp app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your workspace.
- Once you’re inside the workspace, tap the plus icon on the bottom right part of the app.
- Add the task’s name, choose the members, and select the space where you want to place it.
- Fill up the other task details (optional) and tap “Create” on the bottom right to confirm your decision.
That’s how you create a new task from the ClickUp mobile app. You can also create tasks from different parts of the app, such as your Calendar or the different tabs on your workspace.
On your computer:
- Open the ClickUp web client or desktop app and sign in to your account.
- Head to one of your workspaces and click the Add task icon on the bottom right.
- Choose the task’s name, where you want it placed, and select the participants for it.
- Choose whether to fill up the other optional details or leave them blank.
- Click “Create Task” or press Ctrl + Enter on your keyboard to create the task.
You can also create new tasks from the Board, Calendar, and List View.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to create tasks on ClickUp, it’s time to create a few ones to start on your project. There are many ways to create tasks on the app, so find the one that suits you best.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.