How To Create A Stage Channel On Discord
Last Updated: October 19, 2021
Do you want to have a Discord channel for hosting AMAs, reading parties, and other stuff in front of an audience? How about creating a Stage Channel? With the help of this type of channel, you can create a place where only participants can talk while others listen as the audience. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll teach you how to start one on your Discord Community Server.
In Discord, you can create voice channels on your server to talk with other members in one place. Although it is useful and manageable in small communities, too many people speaking at the same time can prevent the primary speaker from discussing important things.
With that in mind, there’s a special type of voice channel that you can use in your Discord Community Server. With the help of Stage channels, you can start conversations where only selected people can speak while other members can listen as the audience.
Here’s our guide on how to create a Stage Channel on Discord.
How to set up a Stage Channel on your Community Server
If you want a place where only a few people can talk while the others listen, you can create a Stage Channel on Discord. For example, you can use this channel to host AMAs, Reading groups, and more.
You can create a Stage Channel on Discord, whether you’re on your phone or computer. We’ll show you everything you need to know about doing so in our step-by-step tutorials below.
Note: Stage Channels are available to Community Servers only.
On your computer:
- Open the Discord app (web or desktop app) and sign in to your account.
- Go to one of the Community Servers you own or manage.
- Click the plus icon beside the Text Channels or Voice Channels section.
- Select Stage Channel as the Channel type, add its name on the field below and click Next.
- Add stage moderators by selecting one or a few of the server members. If you don’t have anyone in mind at the moment, you can press Skip to create the channel.
- Click the Create Channel button to confirm your decision.
To add or manage Stage moderators, click the Edit channel button and navigate to the Permissions tab. From there, you can add and remove moderators for the channel. Always remember that a Stage moderator doesn’t have to be a mod of your server.
On the Discord mobile app:
- After opening the Discord app on your device, tap the hamburger icon on the top left and head to one of your Community Servers.
- Tap the plus icon beside the Text Channels or Voice Channels section to create a new channel.
- Choose a name for your channel, select Stage Channel as the channel type, and tap the checkmark on the top right to continue.
- Add stage moderators and tap the checkmark on the top right to create the channel.
Please note that Stage moderators are the ones with the task of keeping the conversation going. They have permission to add, remove, and mute speakers on the channel.
All members that join the Stage Channel become part of the audience and become muted automatically. However, as we mentioned before, Stage moderators can appoint them as speakers or approve their requests when they “raise their hands.”
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to create a Stage Channel in Discord, you can now host AMAs, discussions, and more without worrying about too many people speaking at the same time. The Stage moderators can choose which members can talk within the channel and keep the conversation going.
That’s everything we have on our guide! For more tutorials, visit our site from time to time, and don’t forget to browse our latest posts and updates.