How To Create A Signal Group Link
Last Updated: April 29, 2021
Do you want to invite more people to your Signal group? Do you want the easiest method to add more participants? By sharing group links in Signal, you people can join your group with a single click. With that in mind, here’s a guide about using the feature on your Signal group chats.
Group chats in Signal Messaging let you communicate with a group of people in a single conversation while maintaining the app’s security features. Since each group you create allows you to host a chat with a thousand members, you can invite your whole set of friends people to join you.
To invite members to a group, you can add them directly from your contacts list or share a link they can use to join you. Since you’re looking for the easiest way to do so, we recommend the latter option.
As such, we have here a guide for you. We’ll show you how to enable and share group links in Signal. Whether you’re using the desktop or mobile app, we have a step-by-step tutorial for you.
How to generate a group link in Signal
If you want to invite people to join your Signal group without adding them as contacts, you can enable the link feature on your group settings. In this way, all they have to do is click on the URL to join your group.
You can create a group link on Signal whether you’re using the app on your phone or computer. All you have to do is follow our step-by-step tutorials below.
On your mobile device:
- Launch the Signal app on your phone.
- On the list of your chats, open one of your groups.
- Tap the group’s icon at the top of the chat window to access its Settings. Alternatively, you can tap More options (three-dot icon) and select Group settings from the menu.
- Scroll down and tap “Group link.”
- Make sure to enable the Group link feature and tap Share.
- You can choose to copy the link and send it to your friends or share it using one of your apps.
That’s how you generate and share a group link in Signal for Android. As for the ones using the iOS app, the process is pretty much the same, but expect some differences in the interface.
If you want to filter the people that try to join your group, you can enable “Approve new members” under the Member requests section. In this way, people need the approval of an admin before they can join, even if they used the group link.
On your computer:
- Open the Signal app and make sure to link your account.
- Open one of your groups from the chats list on the left.
- Click the group’s name or icon on the top of the chat window to access its Settings.
- Click “Group link” to manage its settings.
- Make sure to enable the feature and select “Copy Link.”
- Share the link with your friends and other people you want to invite to the group.
If you don’t need the sharable link anymore, you can choose to disable it on your Group link options. In this way, no one can use it to access and join your group.
On the other hand, you can also reset the link to generate a new one. This option also prevents people from using the previous link.
We recommend that you turn on admin approval requests to make your group chat secure. With this feature enabled, you get to filter people that are trying to join.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to enable group links in Signal, you can go ahead and share them with your friends to invite them to join you. All they have to do is click on the URL, and they’ll immediately join as a member if there’s no admin approval.
That’s everything from us! For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit us regularly and check our latest posts and updates.