How To Create A Poll On Microsoft Teams
Last Updated: September 29, 2021
Do you need some help with your decisions or ask for feedback from your friends and other contacts on your Microsoft Teams Personal account? How about creating a poll for them to answer? If that’s what you need, we have here a guide for you. We’ll show you how to use the Poll feature on group chats on your Teams Personal account.
Aside from using Teams for work-related meetings, messages, and conversations, you can also use their Personal account to communicate with your friends online. You can create private and group chats where you can message and call your contacts.
There are times when you might need to consult your friends and ask for their help in your decisions in life. With the help of the polls feature, you can ask people on a group chat for their answers and opinion.
In our guide below, we’ll show you how to use these polls on your Teams Personal account.
How to use polls in your Teams Personal account
If you’re using your Teams Personal account to message your friends and other people online, you can create a poll on any of your group chats. In this way, you can get feedback or some help with a decision from the conversation.
You can create polls whether you’re using the Teams Personal account on your phone or computer. In our tutorials below, we’ll show you how to do it on both devices.
On your computer:
- Open Microsoft Teams (web or desktop app) and sign in to your personal account.
- Go to the group chat where you want to create a poll.
- Click the Polls icon at the bottom of the chat window.
- Add a question and some options for the answers. By default, you get to use two options, but you can add more. You can also allow the chat participants to have multiple answers on the poll.
- Click the Save button on the bottom right to check the preview.
- Once you’re ready to use the poll you created, hit the Send button. Otherwise, click Edit to make some changes.
After hitting the send button, the poll is now available for everyone on the group chat. They can submit votes any time they want, and you’ll see the responses on the chat right away.
With the help of polls, you can ask for responses and feedback from other chat participants much easier.
On the mobile app:
- Open your Personal account on the Teams mobile app and head to one of your group chats.
- Tap the plus icon on the bottom left part of the conversation window.
- On the menu that appears from the bottom of the chat, select the Polls option.
- Enter the poll question, answers, and tap the Save button on the bottom right.
- Tap the Send button to create the poll on the chat. If you need to make some changes, tap the Edit button instead.
That’s how you create a poll in the Teams mobile app. Everyone participating on the chat can submit votes to answer your question.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to create polls on Teams, you can ask for feedback and opinions from your friends on the app. In this way, you can get their answers and check which option they prefer the most.
You’ll find all the responses right below the poll you created on the chat. However, please note that the conversation members can abstain from the polls sent on the chat.
That’s everything we have on us! For more tips and tutorials, check our site frequently, and don’t forget to view the latest posts and updates.