How To Create A Poll In Messenger
Last Updated: October 13, 2021
Do you want to have to start a quick survey among one of your group chats on Messenger? Or do you need some help in making a decision? In our quick guide below, we’ll show you how to start a poll on Facebook Messenger. Whether you’re using the messaging app on your phone or desktop, we got you covered.
There are times when we need help making a decision, forming a plan, and other stuff. Although you can ask simple questions on the chat and wait for responses, creating a poll is much easier.
In Messenger, you can use polls for quick surveys on group chats you have on the app. With the help of this feature, you can make plans or ask for opinions in an organized way.
Follow our guide below, and we’ll show you how to start a poll on Messenger.
How to start a poll in Messenger
If you want to ask for quick responses or feedback from a group chat on Messenger, you can opt to start a poll. In this way, you can get the opinion or reactions of the participants without clogging the conversation with their answers.
You can start a poll whether you’re using Messenger on your phone or desktop. With that in mind, here are our step-by-step tutorials that cover the app on both devices.
On your computer:
- Using your preferred web browser, visit Messenger and sign in to your account.
- Go to the group where you want to start a poll.
- Click the plus icon at the bottom left of the conversation.
- Click the “Create poll” icon on the options that appear on your screen.
- Enter your question and add the answers as options.
- Click “Create Poll” to start the poll on the group chat.
After starting the poll, all you have to do is wait for the chat members to vote. You can also set a deadline in which you’ll tally the votes after it passes.
To vote on a poll, select an option or a few of them and click Submit. Chat participants can also opt to add new options besides the ones you created beforehand.
On the Messenger app for Android:
- From the Chats section, go to the group chat where you want to start a poll.
- Tap the four dots icon on the bottom left of the conversation.
- On the available options that appear on your screen, select “Polls.”
- Enter the question for the poll and add a couple of options as the answers.
- Tap “Create Poll” at the bottom of your screen to send it to the conversation.
Note: Polls may be unavailable in some regions.
To vote in a poll from the mobile app, select among the options available on the poll. Once you’re ready to turn in your decision, tap the Submit button. If you ever change your mind, click the “Change Vote” option and choose another response.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to start polls on Messenger, you can go ahead and create one on your group chats on the app. Once most of the people on the conversation submit their answers, you can tally the votes and come up with a decision.
That’s all from us! For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit our site from time to time, and check our latest posts and updates.