How To Create A Notification Profile On Signal
Last Updated: December 29, 2022
Do you receive a lot of alerts from your Signal account? Do you want to receive notifications from selected users or contacts only? If that’s the case, you can create and use a notification profile on the app. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how to create one on Signal.
By default, you’ll receive notifications when someone messages you on Signal. As such, you’ll get updates from your conversations even when you’re not using the app.
However, receiving a ton of alerts on your phone can be quite annoying. Notifications can distract you while you’re working or relaxing at home.
Thankfully, you have the option to create a notification profile on the app. This option allows you to turn off notifications on your account except for selected groups and chats.
Here’s our guide about using a notification profile on Signal.
How to use a notification profile on Signal
If you don’t want to receive notifications on Signal except for a selected few, you can create a notification profile on the app. You can also set a schedule for your notification profile to automatically enable it during certain days and hours.
You can create and use a notification profile from the Signal mobile app. Check our tutorial below, and we’ll show you how to do so.
On your phone:
- Launch Signal from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap More options (three dots icon) on the top right corner and select “Notification profile” from the menu.
- Tap “New profile” from the menu that appears on your screen.
- Name your profile and choose an emoji to represent it. Tap Create on the bottom right to continue.
- Choose people and groups where you want to receive notifications when the profile is active. Tap Next on the bottom right to continue.
- You can choose to set a schedule to activate your notification profile automatically. Tap Next or Skip on the bottom right to continue.
- You can enable the notification profile right away or press the arrow to exit.
That’s how you create a notification profile on Signal for Android. You can create multiple profiles that you can use on your account, but you can only activate one at a time.
With the help of notification profiles, you can turn off notifications on Signal aside from selected groups and contacts on the app. As such, you won’t receive a lot of alerts from the app while keeping tabs on important conversations on your account.
Unfortunately, you can’t use notification profiles on the Signal desktop app. However, you can still mute notifications on your computer if you want.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to create a notification profile on Signal, you can now filter the alerts you receive on the app. You can easily switch between profiles or turn the active one off by tapping More options > Notification profile.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.